OLTL Tribute Thread

On 10/26/2019 at 5:59 PM, ironlion said:

Wow! Strasser called her out by name! If JFP is clearly an issue, why does she keep getting hired🤔

Phelps and Strasser clearly did not get along. But I very much remember that Strasser lied to the press about Phelps and publicly apologized to Phelps on her infamous hotline. Strasser claimed that Phelps made her come in on her vacation to shoot scenes, which was apparently a lie and Strasser then owned up to the lie and apologized on her hotline. I believe that there are 2 sides to the Strasser/Phelps story. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, SFK said:

I'll always fondly remember Mr. Rasulala as Rog and Dee's slippery daddy on What's Happening!! and James' shady childhood friend on Good Times.

I hope poor Florida got her salt and pepper shakers back when he turned up in a later episode as her boss.

14 hours ago, Khan said:

I hope poor Florida got her salt and pepper shakers back when he turned up in a later episode as her boss.

😆 Flo had to settle for a tin whistle from a Cracker Jack box.

Edited by SFK

Hello Everyone.

I'm really hoping someone might be able to help me?

I know that Andrew Carpenter had many notable storylines, could anyone please give a kind of 'highlights' with dates if possible?

It would be HUGE help and I'd be really grateful.

On 10/28/2019 at 2:42 AM, VanessaReardon said:

Phelps and Strasser clearly did not get along. But I very much remember that Strasser lied to the press about Phelps and publicly apologized to Phelps on her infamous hotline. Strasser claimed that Phelps made her come in on her vacation to shoot scenes, which was apparently a lie and Strasser then owned up to the lie and apologized on her hotline. I believe that there are 2 sides to the Strasser/Phelps story. 

Weren't their lawsuits because of the way JFP treated pregnant actresses? For every actor who's a JFP supporter, there's another who can't stand her. I remember Marcy Walker having some choice words for JFP during MW's time at GL.

3 hours ago, Franko said:

Brian Tarantina, 60, who played Lucky Lippman and, a decade later, Ray Castillo, has died, apparently from a short illness.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/brian-tarantina-dead-at-60-marvelous-mrs-maisel-actor-dies/

That's so sad. I read that he was the mutual friend and co-star who helped Jessica Tuck and Joe Lando reconcile their differences early in their OLTL run. RIP.

It’s been a long time since I’ve written a post, mostly because I miss this show so much. My curiosity has peaked in recent weeks to find out more about One Life’s first broadcast episode tho. 

Does anyone know what stories were highlighted on the first episode and how the first week fared in ratings?