OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The way the show handled the relationship between Andrew and Megan - that Andrew was in love with Megan, and that this was fine and good, and that Megan understood and also loved Andrew (just not as much as she could ever love Jake) is so incredibly mature and so incredibly tender and moving. There was no fear of ship wars, or of psycho stans threatening cast and crew.

No soap of recent years would ever allow for this type of nuance, and it just breaks my heart. 

• Members

Andrew was a year or so ahead of me at Marymount Manhattan College before I transferred to SUNY Purchase. We worked together for the theatre program, helping to audition new students. I'm sure he doesn't remember me, but I certainly remeber him, introducing himself from Nebraska. I didn't know him socially, but he seemed like a nice enough guy!

• Members

What are your general feelings toward the charachter of Todd Manning?

I found Howarth to be superior to St John in the role, St John gets his props though! I also liked that Howarth managed to make the charachter humorous in 98 and 00-03, despite the sick things he was doing like faking DID and giving away a baby. This in comparison the the outright angry Todd from 92-95. When St John first came on I liked that he was animated (almost as if he were trying to mirror Howarth) but once he settled in, the charachter became just heinous. When he did things like beat up Cole, bully Langston, push Starr off the boardwalk, and help Jack get away with killing "GG", the charachter became unlikeable. Even worse, Blair and Starr kept falling into the habitual forgiveness rut with the charachter. (Howarth's 2011 return basically negated the latter but still..)

Todd's crimes almost hit harder than those of say Stefano Dimera being that they were somewhat realistic. Leading a gang rape, selling a baby because you thought it wasn't yours and so on. Hell, he makes Sonny Corinthos look soft!

Edited by ironlion