AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don’t believe any of his time as Phil has popped up online (except maybe audio clips). He seemed to play a more macho Phil than Richard Hatch did, definitely more brutish, but also it was his Phil who spent more time with Erica. Speaking of, it seems like this marks a point where half of the actors playing her husbands have passed. All we have left are Charles Frank, Richard Shoberg, Nick Surovy, and Walt Willey. I guess gone are the days of those cool reunions of Susan and all of her men.

• Members

I saw Nicholas Benedict throughout his run on All My Children, and I also kept up with the performers through the various magazines.  I do not remember anything about his love life as has been mentioned.  Did he date another performer?   I cannot recall.

Several of the actors who played Dr. Jeff Martin are still living who was not mentioned above.  The first actor (Christopher Wines) has indeed passed away.  James O'Sullivan and John James are still living.  I am not sure about Robert Perrault or John Tripp.

John Tripp is the only performer who may have not had scenes with Erica or any real storylines with her.

Robert Perrault was probably intended to have a big storyline with Betsy Kinnecott, R. N. (Carla Dragoni).

James O'Sullivan was involved mostly with Robin Strasser (as Christina), but he also was in the storyline in which Erica wanted an church annulment of the marriage of Jeff and Erica.

• Members

My mum always called Nick's version of Phil, the "sexy Phillip." And he was, he really was.

In real life, I think I read he became a Minister? He was barely recognizable when Oprah did the Erica Husband reunion a decade ago. 

I hope Susan releases a statement. 

• Members

Hey everyone. I got a bunch of scripts from 1970 - 1971. Pretty much every script. Just missing Mar 03 - 16, 1970 and a few randoms here and there. I can't share the actual scripts but I am putting together synopsis that I will share this weekend.

The only reason I am bringing this up is because I just read through May 1971 and can confirm Erica had her abortion in Pine Charles performed by Dr. X on May 10, 1971. So this clears up a bit of history.

Erica wanted Jeff to arrange an abortion through proper means, I assume this meant getting one in New York, but he wants to keep the baby, she tells him either he arranges it by proper means or she will arrange it herself. 

So it wasn't 1973 as mentioned and it wasn't a legal abortion. 

• Members

I do not know the name of the character, but actor Marco St. John (Dr. Paul Stewart on As the World Turns) played the role of the physician.

Erica had her abortion earlier than 1973.   (1973 was the year that Jason Maxwell was murdered.)

She tried to hide the abortion from the Martin family.  She had complications from the abortion and had to remain in the hospital.  Jeff and Joe were concerned about why she was ill.  I think that this may have been when Mary Kinnecott, R. N. was introduced.   (Jacqueline Bosworth was the first actress in the role.)

• Members

The Doctor who performed the abortion was named Dr. X initially but later revealed as Dr. Frazier. 

Yes Erica had the abortion May 10, 1971 and ends up with septicemia. she tries to brush it off as a virus. Dr. X wants to see her but she can't leave the house without raising suspicion. Erica is eventually rushed to the hospital. Though she had made it clear to Jeff she wanted an abortion, he isn't aware she had one when she ends up in hospital.

Mary Kennicott debuts April 26, 1971, just a couple of weeks before Erica has the abortion

Edited by will81