AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Anna Devane on AMC with David Hayward.  Mourning the loss of their child Leora.

Phenomenal acting in this scene.  *THIS* is how you do a soap, any TV, a movie.

I just watched this and it completely shredded me. I haven't lost a child but I could feel the depth of human grief.

If you've lost a child or loved one, this might be triggering because the acting is so DEEP and REAL.  my god.  Maybe have someone you can watch it with - or to phone afterwards.

*** Link to clip behind the spoiler tag:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Billboard 1981

LOS ANGELES -Gladys Knight is apparently to try her hand at an acting career again. She has reportedly been offered a guest spot on one of her favorite daytime soap operas, "All My Children." She recently met with the show's producer, who offered her the role. Knight joins a list of singers, including Sammy Davis Jr. (an avid soap watcher), who appear on popular daytime programs. Knight first threw her hat into the film world a few years ago, when she starred in the ill -fated "Pipe Dreams," a love story based in Alaska and centering around the pipeline there. Although the film, in which Knight and the Pips had a personal financial investment, received less than enthusiastic reviews, Knight's performance garnered higher ratings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Watching the GL Watch Party on Locher Room, and Nancy Curlee briefly mentioned a stint consulting for ABC. She said she was going to write a menopause story for Erica, only to be told that Erica would never be going through menopause.

• Members

r4EBYm2.jpg

Alan Dysert played Sean Cudahy on AMC for many years.  

Recently Alan released a book: LIGHTS, CAMERA, CANCER.

From Alan:
Most of you don't know that for the past 11 years I've been dealing with one of the rarest cancers on the planet.
4 Major surgeries - Months of Chemo in Chicago, 29 CT scans and counting, multiple Pet Scans, MRIs, X-rays, and over 150 blood draws and counting.
I'm blessed to be here: Most people with Urachal Cancer don't make it past 5 years. I am at 11 and going strong.
But I take nothing for granted. I express my gratitude multiple times each day, stay busy and keep a very positive attitude.
IT'S NOT JUST A BOOK ABOUT MY CANCER JOURNEY. IT'S ABOUT MY LIFELONG JOURNEY TO FIND TRUE PURPOSE ON THIS PLANET. I NOW KNOW THAT PURPOSE.
NOW AVAILABLE on AMAZON in Hardcover, Paperback & eBook
Order the book here:
Peace and Good Health,
Alan