• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Actor Peter White, who played Lincoln Tyler #4 on All My Children, has passed away.    Here is an obituary:

Peter White was born on October 10, 1937, in New York City, New York. He made a name for himself in television and film, with notable roles in movies like “Dave,” “Thirteen Days,” and “Armageddon.” However, it was his role as Lincoln Tyler on the beloved soap opera “All My Children” that earned him a special place in the hearts of fans worldwide. His portrayal of the character brought a depth and authenticity that resonated with audiences across generations.

Peter White (ABC Photo Archives/Disney General Entertainment Content via Getty Images)

• Members

Hugh Franklin's obit in Variety Oct 1 1986 makes no mention of his role of Charles Tyler on AMC.

It talks about various stage roles and only mentions numerous tv appearances.

Quite an oversight(deliberate?) Don't know who was responsible but it seems strange not to mention an acting role he had for over a decade.

• Members

I can imagine that the obituary information was submitted by a publicist or by his family.   I cannot imagine why mention of his soap opera work (Love of Life, Dark Shadows, All My Children) was omitted.

Or, perhaps his theatre work was list and was so lengthy that the television information that followed was dropped by the editors of the publication.

Looking at his obituary, I am just realizing after all of these years that both he and the actress who played his second wife on All My Children were both born in Oklahoma.   

Edited by danfling

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just watched an interview with Jack Stauffer from 2016 and he talked about AMC. He said he loved doing the show and said if he had to do it all over again he would have stayed on the show. The reason he left was he had married a popular TV actress( he doesn't mention her by name but it was Renne Jarrett) and she was in demand on the west coast after doing the short lived sitcom Nancy. He said after leaving AMC he had to build his career back up again.

He also talked about being on Y&R (he played Scott Adams in 1979) and said it was the only time in his life he had been fired. He said there was a line in the script that made no sense the way it was written and he decided to correct it. The Executive Producer berated him in front of the cast about saying things as they are written. He told the EP " I guess you don't want a real performance, just a line reading. He was fired 2 weeks later. He didn't mention his name, but I assume it was John Conboy. Stauffer said he disliked him. 

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

Although Rene Jarrett may have been in demand following the cancellation of Nancy, she did return to New York.

I know that she is in a mouthwash commercial with Diana Douglas (Love Is a Many Splendored Thing), and she played Ginger Kurtz #2 on Somerset.

I understand that All My Children offered her a role, but she did not want to take it.   She and her husband together were said to have been the highest paid, at the time, in daytime television had she accepted the offer.

• Members

This article mentioned that Michael E. Knight appeared in the Prospect Park reboot, but I don't think that's correct. I know the show referenced Tad a lot and was building towards him coming back to the show had it returned for a second season. But I don't believe MEK ever made it on screen. Am I wrong?