AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ah, yes.  "Phantom of the Erica," lol.  Next to kidnapping Maria's baby, that probably was the lowest point for La Kane.

ETA: I take that back.  "Jane Campbell" trumps them both.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Chuck Tyler: "Erica, why don't you get off your 'high horse' and come down here with the rest of us?!"

Erica Kane: "I don't want to be down ANYWHERE with the REST of you... I want to be SPECIAL - and I'm GOING to be!"

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Janet Marlowe

• Members

The character of Betsy never had too much storyline.  When she was first brought onto the show, she was the third of the Kinnecott characters to come to the show.  Mary had already died, but Dan was already on the show as Brooke's boyfriend (after she had broken up with Benny Sago).  Betsy served as a character in conversation with Dan, and she was also the best friend of Sybil Thorne (who was constantly scheming to try to grab Dr. Cliff Warner).

Also, Dr. Jeff Martin returned to the show around 1975.  Robert Perault was then playing the role.  The show hinted that seeing Betsy (and that she looked so much like Mary) would be hard for Jeff.   Also that Jeff would be attracted to Betsy (although, to me, Carla Dragoni and Susan Blanchard - the second Mary- looked nothing alike).

And, when Dr. Jeff Martin returned to the show, he had a number of scenes with Erica.   They both affirmed that neither of them wished to revive their relaltionship.  (By the time that Mr. Perault had been replaced by James O'Sullivan as Dr. Martin, the character was falling in love with Dr. Cristina Karras and Erica wanted an annulment from their marriage.  He had begun to hate Erica again.)  I wonder if the original idea was that the show would have a Betsy-Jeff-Erica triangle?

Betsy later fell in love with Wally McFadden, who had reconciled with Devon.  Because she and Mary were both portrayed as being noble, Betsy left town to avoid being "another woman" who was breaking up a married-with-a-child couple.   She had tried to date Rick, but she was really in love with Wally.   (By this time, Jack Magee had left as Wally - I heard because he wanted an increase in salary.   Two more actors were placed in the rolek, and the third Wally was okay, but Wally and Devon later decided to leave Pine Valley with Bonnie.)

A number of years later, a fourth Kinnecott sibling (Katie) was brought onto the show as a romance partner for Joey (who, I think, was married to Emily Ann at the time).  However, the character soon left town.

• Members

Were any of the Kennicotts on at the same time?

What about the parents-did they appear? 

Had Mary mentioned other siblings specifically or were they made up as they went along?

I think this might be the only time that a family was represented this way-one by one over several years.