AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Natalie pulled a Ðorian Corey and concealed Silver's body in Timmy's toy chest. I forget what brought Palmer to Natalie's apartment or what possessed him to open the toy chest, but I remember him crouched down seeing the body and looking up at Natalie with a deadpan knowing glance. He disposed of Silver's body in the pond on his grounds where poor Dixie discovered it while swimming. Traumatized Dixie had the memorable line that while swimming, she always keeps her eyes open for snakes.

I was a kid and recall this as an entertaining time for AMC. It led to some fun stuff for Palmer. He met Mr. U in prison and Mr. U would go on to fall for Opal and try to kill PC. Palmer would lose Cortlandt Electronics and rise Phoenix-like with the creation of The Cluck-Cluck Chicken Shack.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Dr. Marcus Polk was a character on both One Life to Live and All My Children.   He was played by a variety of actors (with the final one being James Douglas).

When Dr. Polk was murdered in the 1980s on One Life to Live, was there any mention on ll My Children that Dr. Polk had died?

Edited by danfling

• Members

I stumbled upon an old episode on YouTube that I hadn't watched since it first aired. Susan Lucci and Eva LaRue deliver remarkable performances in the scenes where Erica pressures Maria into confessing about her one-night stand with Dimitri, just before Maria unexpectedly goes into labor. It's incredibly intense! Kudos to Lorraine Broderick for penning this storyline.

• Members

Thank you for sharing! She handled that well. Of course, I see Ruth Warrick on a panel and I immediately think of Beverlee McKinsey now.

Please register in order to view this content

Eileen Fulton gave Ms. Ruth a run for her money here.

• Members

Interesting. Charles Frank and Susan Blanchard auditioned together. She spoke of believing that the show didn't want her, so she just did her best to help Charles get the role and spent so much time looking at him lovingly that it kinda started something between them.

I wonder when Charles took over the role and if it was at the same time Susan did, or if he was hired and she wasn't but got the part later.