• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

To me, Liza was always much more like her father, Larry Colby.  Buttoned up, business first, a bit repressed, and snotty.  Jamie Luner's character was as if Marion had a long-lost daughter who was naughtier and more sexually aggressive.

Edited by j swift

• Members

By the end of the show, Jamie Lunar transformed into a reminiscent version of past Liza. Despite the age gap between Jamie Lunar and Michael E. Knight (as well as Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams), I didn't find it a big deal, unlike some fans and the press. Throughout her previous roles, Jamie Lunar consistently portrayed characters who seemed older than her actual age.

• Members

Yes, but I am referencing her high school years when if you looked up uptight preppy in the dictionary you would see her picture

Please register in order to view this content

For example, it would be a stretch to believe that this girl would grow up to be Jamie Luner's character.

• Members

When the show wrote LIza in 2010 in character, JL played it very well.

There were a few moments where I could see her Liza resembling MW's Liza such as when she would roll her eyes, would look at someone disdainfully, etc.

Perhaps JL should have been a recast Mia instead.

• Members

That might have worked, too, although I was fine with her as nuLiza.  Like I said before, I thought JL was good, just...different.  I mean, it's not as if they replaced MW with Charity Rahmer, right, lol?

Edited by Khan

• Members

A character I always wondered why they didn't do more with was Trey Kenyon. They did a gross retcon to give Erica a son and Kendall a brother when she already had one with the drama of it being from her rapist father. He was also David's brother.

Edited by SamandWillowFan

• Members

RIP Alec Musser. His Del was barely there, and he was merely a Soap Star shoehorn, but it's still so sad that we keep losing these 2000s actors at such young ages. He seemed like a nice guy.

It's a stretch for me to believe that this girl would move to Santa Barbara, CA, and become Eden Capwell within months of leaving AMC.

Re: Trey Kenyon. I liked Trey and wished they hadn't made him a villain right out of the gate. Once he ditched the glasses and grew his hair out, he was a little cutie, and Sam Page was quite charismatic. One of my least favorite go-to plots is introducing long-lost relatives or revealing familial connections merely to make the new family member a villain when he/she could add something great to the canvas. Josh could have been a son of Mark's, but they could have done that story a few years earlier by making Trey his son.

It's been a while since I've sat down and thought about what I'd want to be my present-day AMC cast, and I feel like a reformed Trey might be part of it.

• Members

Fox News: His fiancée, Paige Press, says Musser was suffering from "a severe case of Covid," and believes he died from the illness. He was both vaccinated and boosted. She says he died at their home in Del Mar, California.