March 28 - April 1, 2011

Toups

• Members

I don't think anything needs to be quoted. It''s basically a rule for all TV shows. Demos decide what TV shows stay or go. The only exception is if some "net head" intervenes. I don't get why people question that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad Mr. Smug and Arrogant (Guza and Frons) lost viewers and minus on demos only because Bob revels in his stunt

writing and killing off characters he lost viewers with killing off little Jakey. I liked that little guy.

ITA the Rafe x 2 is going on too long its a lemon and they need to wrap that puppy up and send it to pasture pronto..

I loathe doppelganger storylines because they are rarely written well. Only a few I've ever liked in thirty years of watching soaps.

• Members

This arguing about OLTL and AMC is just dumb.

It's time for Days to do something. All these newbies,(Dario, ugly Abby) insta love triangles(Taylor/Nicole/EJ) and this Rafe 2 storyline which to this day i see no point to it. Days is sinking in demos too. I just dont get Y&R appeal. Its the worst soap on television right now.

• Members

whats going on? well they have a hack of a head writer, poor lighting, which makes the cast and sets look terrible, too many new people that nobody cares about...example melanie we need vivian to kill her already as well as dario, gabbie, i dont even know how this show can be saved anymore..i wish it was still a dark lit soap cause thahts when it was good in the 90s...oh well..one less thing to watch come next year!

• Members

I'm extremely disappointed that AMC didn't get more from the Angie/Jesse stuff last week, but it isn't being written in a particularly exciting way. Just reading the scoops for the next 2-3 weeks and it's the same spoilers for Angie and Jesse over and over again. D&D just can't make anything engaging.

• Members

Yes, DAYS looks cheap, and it's noticably bad in comparison to all 5 other soaps. I've gotten my boyfriend to watch with me, but as soon as I switched the TiVo over to Y&R and pretended it was still DAYS, he immediately said, "No way, it doesn't look cheap like DAYS!" I think the lighting plays a huge factor. I don't know who decided and why, but they changed something in 2009 that makes the sets look cheap, flat, and flimsy. Even sets we've seen for years like the Horton house looks different. It looks as though they changed up the design a little bit, but it's still [supposedly] the same set; same structures being used, but it just looks *different* and in a very bad, cheap, unrealistic way.

Bring back the dark moody lighting of the mid-90's!

And why would the pier be dead quiet? Ugh, that's the same thing GL did during its last years. They cut out all ambient noises when characters were supposed to be outdoors. If they're outside, there needs to be ambient outside noise; birds chirping, cars driving by, crickets, etc. And if they're on the pier like 50% of the action does these days, we need to hear water lapping alongside the pier like we used to, along with the bell noise, foghorn, and whatever else they used to use. To have it be completely DEAD SILENT is unrealistic and doesn't take the viewer on a realistic journey that these characters are supposed to be where they're supposedly at. It's just little touches like that that really help set the tone of the scenes, but they've taken that all out for some unexplained reason.

(But at least we don't have fire flames, sparkles, and glowing objects during the next-day previews anymore!)

• Members

i hate how everyone goes to the peir now..what happend to bo and hopes boat? they need to ditch the peir set all together..hate it hate it hate it lol. i know the got rid of the water tank that was under the stage floor that was used for the water shots...but i didnt notice the background noises missing till you said that in the 90s when you were on the peir you would hear the bell and fog horn and water...now the peir magically connects the hospital to the brady pub to stephano and victor and maggies house to samis house. thats about the map of salem now.

• Members

OMG GRAY..lol..i forgot about those empty cups....I HATE THOSE SCENES more than the ones with product placements ....i know they cut back on the budget but corday always says its not a budget problem but hello isnt WATER FREE?? cant we just fill those cups up so we dont hear that banging on the table?? can't the director or editor hear that???? OMG. come on now...i could write a book on how much days has sunk in the last 2 years...

Archived