March 28 - April 1, 2011

Toups

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no idea what tangents you're going off on...frankly, I lost interest after your first couple sentences. Once again, I'll repeat...all that matters in daytime is women 18-49, a demographic that AMC has been in the basement with for a year now, while OLTL is currently in 3rd place. 150,000 viewers difference may not seem a lot to you, but trust me, it's a lot where advertisers are concerned.

And I say all this with no horse in this race. I haven't watched an ABC soap (or any soap, for that matter) in more than 5 years. AMC was my first soap, and OLTL my second. Eventually, I hit GH, as well.

But as an objective observer, I stand by my view of ABC Daytime, and the choices they should make about canceling a soap, if indeed they've chosen to do so. At this point, only AMC makes sense to cancel. (As I said, I'd give all three more time, but AMC would be first to go based on its demo history for the past year).

• Members

DAYS hits a new low in viewers? What a surprise. :rolleyes:

The writing team seems to be hellbent on having Sami, Rafe, and EJ take up as much on-screen time as possible. Looking at the ratings trend during this Imposter Rafe/Sami and Nicole/EJ/Taylor crap show that viewers aren't interested.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this week's numbers drop even further. This whole Fay storyline gets those five (mentioned above) even more on-screen time. Maybe Sami and EJ can get cloned next so there is no room left for anyone else on the show.

• Members

I'm not going off on a tangent. & My horses in this race are.....soaps in general. AMC & OLTL are they only soaps I watch or have ever watched. My "tangent" or post was just in response to seeing "it makes sense to cancel"..... any (ABC)soap.

Again I say...if AMC goes....line up OLTL & prepare GH....they'll all be gone.

THUS I don't think it makes sense to say cancel one....b/c they are all virtually the same!!

Like a domino ..one goes get ready for the others.

& If the ABC soaps go....that will leave us with 3 soaps(that I don't watch, so sad for me) & how long do we think those 3 will last??

• Members

I think we're talking about two different things, here. If the topic is that all soaps will be gone relatively soon, I agree with you. In fact, I'd say even Y&R won't go for more than a few more years. But if the topic is, which soap, if ABC has chosen to cancel ONE soap, should go...well...based on ratings, AMC can be the only logical choice.

• Members

Vets in front-burner story or good, mature story is not going to help AMC in 18-49, at least not that alone. They need to sleaze up the show particularly with the so-called hotties. I'm not condoning AMC turning into OLTL, I'm condoning them managing to lift up their 18-49 for survival. I am happy they managed to stay over 500,000 for another week, but the number is still really weak.

Maybe not. I don't think NBC can cancel DAYS after signing them to a 3 year contract. I don't think it is that simple. They may face a new round of budget cuts if they continue on this pattern though.

Guest dc cubs

Maybe SOD won't use the words "Plan to Save" and instead will go with "Crisis at Days" like they did last time. There is guaranteed to be another cover about the low ratings for Days on SOD as its almost a yearly event.

• Members

For the year, both shows are tied in Household rating, and OLTL is one point higher in the demo. I think it's going to be hard to convince anyone that 1.0 is better than a .9, both numbers suck. It's just that simple. Neither show is performing well, so that's why both face cancellation.

Archived