AMC: The Killing

Vanguardian

• Members

How can anyone hate Bullet? She's the most gripping character! :lol:

The story of her rape is harrowing. Actually, everything about this runaway teenage prostitutes is heartbreaking. I think the show came back better than ever and I am very, very invested. I enjoy the fact that this is not strictly a whodunnit... but the presence of the killer is some unknown, evil entity that we might not have met yet.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Episode 8 was so amazing! The feelings it made me feel...! lol

Enos really gave an outstanding performance. The way her knees buckled after Mike was arrested. Emmy time!

It's all so excellently plotted, my God. Seward's regret, his change of mind, Bullet finding out who the killer is.

I am hoping the person who pulled up by the diner is Holder, although I can't hold my breath.

He really inhabits his role perfectly. When he had the panic attack, I almost felt I was the one having it!

• Members

Joel Kinnaman was fantastic. And how sick was that "religious" inmate admitting to just playing with Seward's head all along? Such betrayal and loss. And for some stupid reason when Linden found that bracelet my mind simply refused to go to Bullet being in that trunk ... it first went to the girlfriend, then his mom before I realized the true horror. I guess I was in denial. I do hope Lyric and Stich (or whatever his names his) get that somewhat happy ending. Someone has to.

• Members

Guys, I'm not emotionally prepared for tomorrow's episode. I have a very bad feeling Seward is gonna die before he can be exonerated. Would be very fitting of the show given how dark it is and how Veena likes to make points about society, its politics and its subcultures.

• Members

JK really was great. I was in awe when he yelled "I'm an addict" to his girlfriend. Btw, I just Googled him for the first time and it's shocking how different he looks without the Holder styling. He's gorgeous either way. I felt for Seward so badly when Nicholas Lea turned out to be a nasty psycho! (Lea is SO good at playing a character who seems one thing but is another). What he did to Seward was torture. Bullet dying was so, so, so sad but I guess unavoidable. I hope for a good ending for Lyric and Stitch too but, with this show, who knows?

Exactly. It's sad in a very beautiful way. I want to see them come back for Season 4 but, if they don't, Season 3 is a great way to go (and, in my opinion, their best season).

Oh God, I gotta get ready for the tears.

• Members

Yea I will be ok if it ends this year too. I see this season as a gift and I agree, it's an amazing one. It might be my favorite too.

It's Twitch by the way :lol: I think Lyric and Twitch are only in episode 11 so I assume they'll get a somewhat happen ending. I keep Twitch as a background option for the killer though, he's always playing with that ring necklace.

I'm really worried that we will never know what happened to Kallie, that they will leave her fate unresolved - because it does happen in real life. The lack of closure, even about a fictional teen girl, will haunt me. I'm not convinced her disappearance has anything to do with the killer.

• Members

I knew I wasn't ready for last week's episode. :(

What a fantastic exploration of a man who is facing death within the next few hours. Not only did they go through with the execution but he didn't die, leaving him there to strangle slowly. My God.

SO many heartbreaking moments: Holder throwing the beer away, Seward breaking down when Sarah was trying to convince him to see Adrian and on the way to the execution, seeing his son through the window. And Enos... my God, what a performance. Sarsgaard and Enos should be on the forefront for Emmys, no excuses.

I don't know if I will be able to deal with the end tomorrow.

• Members

I thought this season was outstanding. Great performances by ME, JK and PS. The weaving in of interesting characters like Bullet and a seemingly indifferent cookie cutter character (Kallie's mom), who evolved into so much more. I can accept the Skinner as the killer because he worked on the original case - setting up Seward after Skinner killed Adrian's mom only because he was trying to determine if Adrian saw him from the tree house (he didn't). It was very powerful that there was no last minute reprieve from Seward. S3 really took the best of S1&S2 (Linden & Holder relationship as partners) and amped it. While it's not perfect, the series is certainly far and away better than most of TV. I hope it gets another season. But if not, I'm glad we got this one.

Archived