AMC: The Killing

Vanguardian

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I think he will go to any length to get information from people. Like when he was talking about Rosie to that teacher, about her being a hot girl. He was acting like that was ok to perv on a student just to see what the teacher would say. If the teacher had gone along he would have been more of a suspect. I thought he was pretty slick in the way he got the info about where the kids really party out of those girls too. It's going to be interesting if he and Sarah are partnered up, since they have such different styles.

• Administrator

I thought it was pretty good. The best scene was the father going ballistic after finding out about Rosie and the mother is on the other side of the phone yelling/crying and the two kids looking at their mother. The music is that scene was so good too. I agree that new detective is weird but very intriguing.

• Members

For some reason, there are people who don't seem to believe that the creepy detective actually gave those girls real weed. I totally believe that he gave those girls actual weed. In the first two hours alone, the guy was quickly depicted as a scumbag willing to say or do anything to get information. And somehow I think the girls would have known if it wasn't real weed. Good show by the way!

• Members

There's no doubt in my mind. I don't see him as a scumbag though. I'm pretty sure pretending to be complicit is an actual interrogation technique. I had no problem when he pretended to be a perv to see if the teacher would go with it. Giving the girls weed crossed a line, but they weren't exactly innocent. The only thing he did that annoyed me was when he said to Sarah, "Is that why you are running away". That was a little presumptuous.

• Members

Well maybe I won't call him a scumbag but it's clear that he's quite shady at the very least. Shady enough to do whatever he wants to acquire whatever he wants. It's going to be fun to see what he does next as I think he will continue to be very shady throughout the season.

• Members

I imagine so. It seems to me Sarah is really the straight forward dogged type and that's probably going to be a source of continued conflict. That scene where we discovered the cage was creepy. It seems like the murder was some sort of sick game. I wonder if there will be another murder at some point?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm loving the twists on this show, every time I think I have the identity of the killer figured out, they always throw a curve ball at me.

I was thinking that maybe it could be the campaign aid, the male assistant to Billy Campbell's character.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived