AMC: The Killing

Vanguardian

• Members

I finally saw the fourth season. Wow. What a way to end. I will echo your comments on seasons 3 and 4 being the show's best, although I still think season 3 was the top, never to be bested. The murder mystery was gripping, well-acted and interesting, although ultimately not as shattering as the serial killer arc. Nevertheless, the main point of the season was Skinner's murder, the effects it had on Holder and Linden and the resolution of the serial killer storyline and, in those aspects, was brilliant.

Absolutely. It was wonderful.

I didn't even realize they had dropped the whole red herring thing! I guess you have to be focused when you only have six episodes.

I thought recreating the scenes from the opening credits to show that it was Linden making her final decision while overlooking the lake was absolutely masterful. I also liked the fact that she went back to Holder and that it ended without specifically establishing their relationship. I always felt a little uncomfortable at the thought of the two of them hooking up, so I'm very glad we never had to actually see it. Instead, in my mind, I can picture them being best friends, being each other's lifeline, and making a home together. smile.png

I will miss this show so much.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's been so long since I watched this, I really can't remember why I objected to the ending, other than just because it seemed unnecessary. I loved the meandering relationship they developed over the previous episodes, and I didn't need a "happy ending". This isn't a "happy ending" kind of show.

Archived