AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Members

Unfortunately, thanks to the "journalism" of some of these soap sites (you know which one) and thanks to the select group of fans who crave drama, this show will never be "safe." The minute Guiding Light was canceled, drama queens everywhere immediately had the last 3 shows standing predicted. Those people will not let go of this and will look for any and every scrap that supports this... and the soap press will squeeze every last cent out of them and continue to feed their appetite for cancellation rumors. And it's always a variation of the same talk show rumor. Last year it was Aisha Tyler. This year it's Tori Spelling. Next season it'll be "Now that she and Oprah have kissed and made up, IYANLA VANZANT'S NEW SHOW "The Anointed Time" is being considered for the AMC time slot!"

Had lunch with him, did you? :unsure:

I enjoy when threads like these veer off into blatant fanfic.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, why not just extend D&D's contracts a few months and let them finish out the show? Why even announce a new HW for a show you know is going to be cancelled the following week? Why would they bump LB to HW in order to give the show end-of-life dignity when they've never really cared about the show's integrity. So many questions.

My heart wants to believe that this is a sign that ABC is standing behind the show, but I can't ignore Logan, who is still pretty firm that the show is toast.

• Webmaster

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, but I'm afraid to say that the way the information was passed on to us by ABC that maybe, just maybe, All My Children is in fact canceled. No quotes from Lorraine Broderick, no comment from Frons, just a confirmation.

• Members

I'm not a negative person and I don't think any of us at who report at SON really are, but the press release made me feel the same way. This was their opportunity to throw a minor bone in and they didn't. There was absolutely no attempt to put in a word in there to make the public or press feel better about the cancelation rumors.

I hope the rumors are wrong. I hope our feelings are wrong. Blame it on being hyper-sensitive? lol One way or another, I think we'll all finally know by the end of this month.

• Members

And as we all know, Errol is prone to endless larks, flights of fancy and protracted twitter meltdowns.

I'm not saying I consider SON to have an unimpeachable record of success or accuracy; frankly, I do not. But I also know Errol is generally very careful about extending himself or saying anything out of turn.

It really doesn't matter whether they're announced simultaneously or one at a time; at this point, I think it's a matter of months for both, not years.

Archived