AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

5 years? OMG. IF the show stays, she's our Guza, a "lifer" in terms of scribes.

That number is just to high for me. I almost seems like a "padding" number so people look at it, go "5 years, AMC isn't getting cancelled, yay." :huh:

• Members

I get that contracts can be broken and this by NO MEANS says AMC is safe, but why on earth would a network that's reportedly wanting to cancel two of it's soaps invest in even promising a writer a 5 year contract? I know they can always pay out her contract or dump her on GH, but still ... it just seems weird that they gave her a 5 year deal, for whatever reason.

• Members

Actually RH/SH's peace was blown up in 1997 when Todd got Patrick shot and SH/RH's last scene is her Marty screaming he hadn't changed and was really that monster after all. Very powerful stuff so RH's Todd and Marty ended very hostile.

• Members

I agree. A year ago LB wouldn't take the HW seat if they held a gun to her head and now she's willing to sign a 5 year contract!? Only if she knows she won't have to come anywhere close to fulfilling that amount of time.

• Members

Some people are under the impression that she took the job because all of the sudden, Frons decided to give the Headwriter full control. :lol: I think it's more realistic that they wanted someone already there, to take the helm for however long is left, and offered LB the right amount of cash. It was either her or B&E.

Five years is just really unsettling to me. I'm not exactly sure why, but I keep thinking...why so long? Why now? No one since MMT has had that long, and even then MMT was burnt out. I don't know, but I don't really like it.

Archived