AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^Maybe, we'll see if she says something different, ie. corrects it without correcting it on another talk show or something. But Susan is usually quite careful about this kind of stuff.

And I still think that if LB is writing Erica's new storyline...the show is screwed.

• Members

It's just so rare that a

storyline actually works, that I just can't believe even LB is going to be able to pull it off. I want to be wrong though, because I LOVE the idea of Erica having a storyline outside of a man and her love life.

We'll see. Fingers crossed!

• Members

Are we sure that's her stuff though? I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out, but I can see it being something K&S pitched, After all Swajeski fought for the stupid ambulance story, she seems to love to fight for stupid stuff LOL and Kreizman that goes without saying

• Members

What a wierd contract that is. But I can see why La Lucci was talking about being happy about her material coming up, I think it started w/ DK/DS and LB became the head but she had a condition. I'd take that 5 yr. contract if I were Broderick and makes Frons pay every penny of it.

I can't imagine how it must have been for her to watch this show over the past 4-6 mths. w/ the way these stories were pissed on. I also hope she returned on one condition, I write my own stories while you MYOFB. :mad:

Lorraine is too classy to take a tanker.

• Members

I don't believe for one second that Brian Frons was at Lorraine Broderick's mercy. I think she returned because she cares about AMC and the people there and wanted to do everything she could to give it extra time even if it meant working under Frons. Broderick was probably more of a sale to Frons than a sale from Frons.

• Members

It could be anything. Maybe she wanted to be the one to write the final days with dignity, though I think that's unlikely, because all of a sudden after years of baby switches, unabortions, and back-from-the-deads, they care about giving the show some integrity? Please! More likely it has something to do with being given more creative control. Maybe more money. Maybe there was some issue a few months back about her having to commute to LA. It could be anything. I'm just glad she's back, and that she can somewhat live up to the hype. My expectations are so low at this point, I'll take anything.

• Members

Oh no trust me, I don't care about how or why, I just pray to god that she has full control. That Frons or some other asswipe can't tell her why they shouldn't write this or pen that.

I just think a woman like this, 4 emmys for this show.. gave every single one of these characters emmy material that was also captivating to an audience. I just think a woman like this would not take a tank job, b/c no amount of love for a show would surpass her pride or dignity. So I'm gonna assume the worst that happened after Pratt left. I'm guessing LoBro was handed interim, but on the side it wasn't that she didn't want the job, it's that at the time she took the interim, Frons/Julie Craputhers didn't give her a shot, and was already negotiating w/ KillerKriezman and Swawhatever the [!@#$%^&*] her name is. Lorraine stayed quiet, was a good girl and let the two hacks take over, now when those hacks pretty much tanked the show and Frons noticed that it was tanking people in the inside, the actors in particularly, and I'm betting it was the vets like Debbie/SusanMichael/Darnell and Walt went to Craputhers and she told Frons we have to go this route, Frons finally gave LoBro a shot and she made sure she took this job under her own conditions. I would hope so.

• Members

Until I see it, there is absolutely no way I am going to believe that Frons gave LB full or even partial creative control. I know people want so much to believe that, but I just don't see this being any different. God willing, though. Anything she can do that he dislikes, is great for me. I just don't think it'll be much of anything. :ph34r:

Archived