AMC: Lorraine Broderick named Headwriter

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps I am dense but what does Susan Lucci's book tour have to do with anything?

I find it funny no one believes anything anymore.. It's just stupid that ABC doesn't just come out and say what they need to and let everyone get on with their lives.

• Members

They could also be putting an ATWT, which hired soap killer Kriezman reassuring fans and still canceled the show. Maybe this is to reduce the backlash from canceling both soaps. Maybe they'll cancel OLTL first, then suddenly announce that AMC is done. Who knows? Frons clearly doesn't care about soaps anymore.

• Members

That's a good question. If the show is safe it would make perfect sense to just say it now, waiting until a book tour is

over is a sign maybe AMC is getting cancelled and they want La Lucci to promote her book without the news out there AMC is finished.

• Members

they need to make an announcement today, more for the hundreds of employees that work for these shows then us fans, but waiting until a predetermined time is just cruel, the news is out, the least they could do is show some class to the people that work for them

• Members

Didn't someone say that Frons is on vacation this week and that's why there won't be an announcement ? :lol:The only thing I am sure of is that soap fans are not ABC's priority. They don't care if we are anxious or pissed because there are no longer enough of us to rate that sort of consideration in the first place. :angry:

• Members

Yeah, her last stop is on the 30th. However, she has a break between her LA appearance on the 12th and her last appearance in Arizona on the 30th. It seems like she'll be taping during this time. So I'm sure ABC will announce something between that break. It's only Arizona. :lol:

• Members

Personally, I don't think Lucci's book tour has anything at all to do with anything here. Nor do I think Brian Frons would much care about his peeps making any official announcements while he was on vacation - unless, of course, he's just sadistic enough to want to slit these shows' respective throats himself.

• Members

I don't think its a matter of him caring. I think it's about having him available to answer press inquiries. Remember when GL got the axe? All the mainstream media took interest for a day or two. I think they'd want him around for that.

Although I'm not sure I buy into this whole "they're waiting for Lucci's book tour or Frons' vacation" business. I think people are just being impatient and freaking the hell out. Certain people want to hear RIGHT NOW and can't understand why there hasn't been an announcement yet when, in fact, this could go on for weeks.

Archived