OLTL Promo: Shane/Rex/Gigi

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not to absolve them of blame for bad writing, but I would guess that they may have been told to do this story quickly or not do it at all.

I think the main point of this story is going to be about Todd and his harem and what a victim Todd is.

• Members

I see your point, but if Shane lives, I'm glad. Kill too many kids and the audience will become numb to it. We just had Jake die, another kid in such close succession sort of goes against soap tradition. Different shows, I know, but same network. I like that soaps refrain from going to this well too often. I think it's almost as effective to have him try to kill himself.

• Webmaster

Had OLTL killed Shane off, they risked the chance of some viewers mistaking the message, in particular those suffering through this serious problem. Should they see him killing himself as the solution to the problem they have as well, they might do the same. Having him live does more good for those going through this issue.

• Members

That's an excellent point. I'm glad OLTL is bringing attention to this problem, but when I watch it pisses me off so much. I want one of the adults to actually see the problem and deal with it or I want Shane to just kick Jack's ass. It makes me sad that Shane is going to internalize the hate, but i think it makes for a good story and hopefully wake parents up to how dangerous bullying can be. The advent of the internet has changed so much for kids and I think a lot of parents aren't aware of how much things have changed in a relatively short period of time.

• Members

I don't think they're going too fast with the storyline on this. I think it started off way too slow and it was boring at the start. But, now it's starting to heat up...and even though this is happening now. This does not mean it's the end of it. Because, Shane is probably gonna live. And, then kick Jack's ass..hard! IMO. :wub:

Archived