General Hospital Sneak Peek: "Look Both Ways Jake!"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
See, you're talking out of your ass, per usual. How did he "abandon" Jake? From what I understand, he and Liz BOTH agreed Jake was better off(and safe) without being in or near the mob. That's not him abandoning his child.

Jason did the SAME thing you mob haters preach Carly should have done with Michael, Morgan, and Josslyn: keep them away from the mob.

Jason had a trust fund set up for Jake and was there for him and Liz financially. So how the hell is that "abandoning your child?"

I can't believe you, of all people, made me defend Jason Goddamn Morgan, but you seriously say the strangest and most unfounded things ever just to get attention.

But Liz is always putting herself first over her kids. She's not a good mother. She has made mistake after mistake, putting these men and her hunt for a daddy for them ahead of the welfare of her own children. She gambled away Cameron and Jake's trust funds on some stock that crashed and burned. This isn't her "first" mistake. This one is just the most deadly of them all.

And Olivia doesn't need one because she knows how to take care of herself and her business. Putting your kid first and raising him in a loving, nurturing environment. That's being a responsible parent. Not hopping from man to man hoping to keep your bed warm and to find a "father figure" for your kids. She raised Dante to respect the law, respect women(even though he's not doing that lately with Lulu), and to respect himself. She didn't go around looking for a man to play father to him. She did it with the help and support of her family in Bensonhurst.

So, nice try girlie, but Olivia > Liz.

• Members

I think it came across as abandoning whether the show meant it that way or not because Sonny always has his kids around and aside from a few occasional scenes talking about the damage his life has caused them, all of his kids love him and would tell you that he has made their lives better. When this example is set with Sonny it makes less and less sense for the show to have kept Jason out of Jake's life.

• Members

But still, how is that "abandoning" your child? What Sonny does has absolutely nothing with Jason. Sonny is an irrational control freak who forces himself into his children's lives. Jason saw the lifestyle he lead wasn't good for Jake and thought it was best that he stay with Liz.

Jason didn't just run off to God knows where. He provided financially for his child and he and Liz both agreed that it was best for Jake to be with her and Lucky. That's not abandoning your child.

• Members

Sonny/Jason are very interlocked in stories and the mob life, both have had stories about trying to leave the mob, etc.

Jason provided for Jake and they would have him looking sad on the sidelines a few times a year, but I think through Sonny, and also through Jason's relationship with Michael when Michael was a baby, it came across as abandoning. I think Jason has also felt the same way at times.

I think the story worked better when GV was still there and you could believe that Jake had two parents who loved him and were there for him and Jason had made the right decision. When JJ came back and they moved Lucky away from the kids it seemed more like Jake was an afterthought to everyone in his life.

• Members

First of all, what Carly did and what Liz did are two TOTALLY different things. Carly took her child AWAY from a perfectly respectable family so she could hop in bed with a mobster. And then she wonders why her kids are messed up, and that's her own fault. And it's all I've ever said.

Second of all, providing for your child financially has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, to do with being a father. He wanted to raise Jake. He was perfectly willing to raise Jake with Liz in that lifestyle, it wasn't until MUCH later that he realized what his life would do to Jake. And instead of being a real man and giving up his selfish, sick lifestyle to raise and care for the child he created, he said "Here, have a few million and raise the kid yourself".

He can have the teary eyed "I miss my son" moments all you want, but the fact is Jason made a choice. He could have gotten out of the mob. He could have changed his lifestyle, or even made some effort to TRY. But the fact of the matter is, he wasn't even willing to do so. It was raise the child in a violent and dangerous world, or pawn him off on someone else. Yeah, great person.

It's really just the financial thing that bugs me. I don't understand how anyone could consider someone giving a child money as a subsititute for being a father. So are you saying every dead-beat father in this country who pays child support but never sees their kid hasn't abandoned their child at all....."because he gave them money"?

Come on, of all the ludicrous arguments you've started with me, and there have been an ass-load, this one is the most ridiculous. Jason abandoned Jake and even he admits it.

• Members

I HATE this! They are killing off Jake so that Jason & Sam can have their miracle baby down the road without Jason feeling guilty deep down angry.gif I mean obviously!!

This is going to be heartbreaking to watch, wow I can't believe Jake waltzes out of the house like that and Liz doesn't notice til it's to late. Not exactly how I was hoping/expecting things to go...the promo is very good, love the Jason/Liz flashbacks. The best thing that will come out of this to me will be the Liz/Jason interactions.

JASON & Elizbeth!!

• Members
And you misread what I said and went off in to your own pathetic tangent that, surprisingly, doesn't have a single Jackie Zeman, Bobbie, Leslie Charleston, or Monica reference. I guess you're getting the message.

And I said that the fans who hate the mob have, for years, wanted Carly to give her kids(more like Michael) to the Quartermaines or to Jax because of the dangerous men with whom she associates. Which is exactly what Jason did when he gave up all parental rights to Jake. It's so weird to see people say, "Carly's a bad mom for putting her kids in an unhealthy environment" yet blast Jason for protecting and doing what's right by his son.

Providing for your child on a financial level is better than not at all! Why force some father to be a part of his child's life if he doesn't want to be? As long as the child is FINANCIALLY set, what the hell difference does it make? That's gonna make the child feel even worse if he's spending time with a father that clearly wants nothing to do with him. I'd rather have the money than some scum who doesn't wanna be in my child's life.

The problem with this ridiculous, melodramatic diatribe of yours is that this was the agreement that he had with Liz shouldn't be up for discussion. And tell me where Jason has said he "abandoned Jake." He always said he did RIGHT by Jake.

• Members

LOL! I wonder if we get a 5 minute shot of Jason walking and crying in his Box of Pain. He abandoned that kid in favor of mob life. He gets no sympathy from me though I am sure the whole story will be about him. Just like Alan's death was all about Jason even though he had no use for his father.

• Members

Yes, it is better than not at all. But that's not what you said...What you said was that Jason DIDN'T abandon Jake, BECAUSE he financially provided for him. Yes, financial assistance is better than nothing. But it doesn't make up at all for abandoning your child.

• Members

Jason is sort of like a long lost child of some no good millionaire who has kids all over the place but refuses to change their ways to accept them into the family. He can't be bothered to inconvenience himself or accept responsibilities he isn't in the mood for, so he gives the mother money to keep the kid while he goes off and plays. This happened a few years back to someone famous, I forget who. Someone is suing somebody over this very subject.

Archived