Sean Patrick Flanery joins The Young and the Restless

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've liked Flanery since having a crush on him in Young Indiana, and I actually kinda like that Y&R is reaching out to non soap actors (though they've all been, to put it politely, past their career prime when it happens so I'm not sure it's all that diff from some past soap hires--and the Franco situation still seems different to me)--I also like that he isn't going to be another rich character, except then how will he interact with them? Always be helping out with their pets?

And I agree with Carl--it seems more like a move to just mask, but not deal with their problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The scoop from TV Guide.

He debuts on April 18 as Sam Gibson, He's a country veterinarian, and he'll be paired with sad, love-bashed Sharon.

MAB says he's a wise, decent, working class guy and a big breath of fresh air for the show-he's a nice counterpoint to the men in Genoa City who are sheming and jockeying for power.

MAB says Sharon needs a good man, her self-esteem her self-esteem is the lowest it's ever been and is like a wounded bird, Sam as someone who cares for animals will be sensitive to that.

Archived