GH: Actress Taken Off Contract

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didnt Dawn blackmail Monica and end up dying. WHat a shame the only kid she had that should be dead

is still alive and breathing.

I liked Emily I wouldnt call her treacherous but she could be a selfish hypocrtical bitch. Its why I

laugh when people say she didn't fit in with the Q's. She could be as selfish and manipulative in fact

moreso at times than any of them were. Only diff was she was patted on the head for it while people like

AJ and even the fake Q Skye were crucified and condemned. Of course the entire existance of the Q's for

the past several years was primarily to make Jason Jackass look like a saint anyway.

All totally off topic of course.

• Members

Oh I assumed her being taken off contract had to do with this whole restructing thats allegedly happening and being announced today I guess

I assumed it just happened. I was half kidding. I dont really believe it was a swap

And I dont care for Liz, although I am sure Becky is a perfectly nice person. I just hope this experience is a wake up call for her

and others there who have been there for years thinking their jobs are/were pretty secure. There are probably a list of 4 or 5 people there

who are untouchable.

• Members

I liked epiphany she was a fresh character who brought life to the hospital, true enough Bobbie Spencer may have been a legend but GH wasn't interested her and now they aren't interested in Epiphany. I am sadden by Epiphany bump to recurring, because I like seeing the actress & character. If Jackie Zeman isn't holding a grudge against her for "taking her job" why should any of us be mad?

• Members

The best way to sum up Emily is everyone told her that if she got involved with Sonny it would lead to trouble. She said "la, la , la, I will do what I want." Then she literally drove him insane when her decision caused a rupture btw he and Jason that prompted Jason to steal his business. Then once he was officially insane he told her she is better off away from him (or something). So she said "ok yeah, I am losing interest anyway. See you later." and left Sonny with nothing.

• Members

I haven't seen any of that and don't remember it but I do remember her being beaten to death with a lead pipe. Like Guza, Gloria Monty wasn't overly subtle about her feelings towards the Quartermaines...

• Members

Rachel Ames indeed joined in February 1964 and was taken off contract in early 2003 if I remember well. So sad what GH had done with its vets. This short Monica scene was way too short and her only appearance in two months. When did we last see Bobbie BTW?

• Members

If this is an example of Emily looking bad not sure this is the best. Sonny is not exactly the most appealing character nor is Jason. Don't care about anything that make them suffer. Now her telling the Q's to basically f off. Yeah she looked sh*tty and selfish for doing it. But then she always was her brothers sister.

• Members

Sorry..but she was no Jesse Brewer or Amy Vining...she was a stereotype and the actress had minimal acting skill. Perhaps she can replace the actress who's playing the same insulting/stereotypical role on DOOL right now...that actress is more dreadful than Eddy...remember when soaps were hiring African American actress of calibur: Petronia Paley, Jackee! You go girls!

• Members

I saw in the GH episode counts that she had 1 appearance in Feb. Didn't see it and assumed she was just background at the Sonny-Brenda stuff. Curious about the context of her scene with Elizabeth. I'm sure it was just some random scene between two hospital employees, and that there was no mention of Monica once being married to Liz's dad Jeff. Poor Leslie. She has got to be one of the most popular actresses through the soap ages. It's a shame they treated her so shabbily, though I guess her being the last remaining Q that hadn't been morphed into a Spencer is a testament to her popularity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Ithink they're doing Ethan/Kristina in the future, they've set it up and looks like they will continue leading to something.

Maya's already got one foot out the door with the ABC Charlie's Angels show.

Brooke's recurring.

• Members

All true, but the reality is GH is top-heavy with great actors and they don't have enough time to tell story with their true core let alone the talent they pick up along the way. She could have been a player - and there are great sparks between Piph and Tracy - but in 42 minutes TPTB are limited. Arguably they spend too much time on the Unholy Trinity, but even without that there wouldn't be enough time for everyone.

Off contract but still recurring? She's always been a "recurring" character anyway.

Archived