GH: Actress Taken Off Contract

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WEll for what it's worth, GH has a ton of people on contract they don't use much including the actress they just rehired. It will be sad to find out they rehired BH and fired SE so that the higher paid BH can have a job and become the new Bobbie or Epiphany at GH. But I would expect not many here would be bothered by that if it were the case.

YEah I feel like being snarky today. Bad crappy day at work

• Members

Oh heck

Olivia, Steve, Ethan, Maya, Brook, Nikolas, Molly, Matt

Thats from someone who hasnt watched in ages and knows the focus of the show is likely still centered around

Sonny and his extended family. But i dont know if cutting any of the people above would make a dent. Unless

you cut a couple of big names, whats the real impact.

I would also cut Lucky/JJ but thats got nothing to do with the storylines or the show just the fact that I think hes completed overrated.

GH is such a cast heavy show I always have to laugh when I read who they take off contract when they do

because in most cases its someone of no consequence and has little financial impact.

The size of the cast is likely why so many get very little in terms of story and screentime. The airhogs I am sure all still get their ungodly amount of airtime but you now have a much larger "rest of the cast" to divey up the remainder of the airtime to.

• Members

None really. I dont think any of these axes would affect the show in any way whatsoever bc they are so removed from the main action. More that could be axxed? Spinelli and Maxie. Maxie does nothing but lament over Spinelli and Matt. She hasnt had an actual story in ages. Spinelli hasnt had one either and only serves a role as Jason's tech guy and Carly's minion

• Members

I always resented Epiphany because she undercut Jackie Zeman's Bobbie. At the same time, Sonya Eddy was FABULOUS on Night Shift, so it's nothing against the actress whose wonderful. But that character. Damn. If they wanted a "talk to" nurse character, that should have been Bobbie.

And now, there are none.

• Members

I assume they keep Maxie around because she's tied to Robin but yeah she could go I guess and Spinelli should have gone ages ago.

I guess when I said impact I meant financial. Unless they cut some folks who make decent money with relatively decent guarantees

I dont see the impact. ANd I don't dislike BH but really if shes just staying to be in reality an Epiphany or Bobbie in later years,

they could have kept a less costly actor to do that. And I am just speccing. I have no idea if BH is getting a big story or what the terms

of her new contract are.

• Members

Wow, you know...I NEVER thought of Epiphany as replacing Bobbie. That never even crossed my mind...Well, shitt. Now that you mention it....You're right DaytimeFan, Bobbie should be a talk to nurse. At least she has history with everyone.

Either way, Sonya was good. And I will miss her.

And since this show is called General HOSPITAL there should be room for more than one nurse! How sad that we are sitting here talking about which nurse replaced which, when the fact is....This should be a show half about nurses. :mellow:

• Members

Well played GH. I suspect they're hoping the "angry uppity blacks" will attack the Becky Herbst fans for getting Sonya fired. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right? Except it was pretty clear how ABC/GH/Frons/Guza felt about Sonya long before the Becky Herbst drama. Welcome Sonya Eddy to the sisterhood of minority women screwed over by ABC Daytime.

And as for the rest, this angry uppity black woman supports Becky Herbst and her fans.

• Members

I loved Bobbie in her day but I never mourned her being gone. They had been slowly phasing her out anyway. It would have been nice

had they given her a proper exit but heck most of the vets have been written out the same.

AS for african americans getting fired and Becky staying, it has nothing to do with color just pure economics. BUt then

I suppose if I was a BH fan I would probably feel more passionate about her staying. BUt then I really don't watch anymore

so I guess I really shouldn;t care. But I would support any actor on GH getting fired first over any actress period. Like that would EVER happen

• Members

I see what you're saying Jane. I would have rather they either kept Bobbie around or given her a proper exit. I just think the way they have handled Bobbie, Monica, lesley and Audrey is shameful. For Christ's sake, Rachel Ames is an ORIGINAL cast member and they couldn't even give her a real exit.

Archived