February 7-11, 2011

Toups

• Members

How am I full of codswallop? I am 34, and vividly remember B&B being named worst soap by TV Guide in the late 80's. The show was known for wooden actors and terrible dialogue in the 87-90 years.. And the show was virtually shut out from emmy nominations for over 10 years. worst soap in daytime is probably not the most accurate description, but close, at least back in the day..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That Days plot was played out seriously. The Oliver/Brooke thing was taken as a joke. The show had fun with it and never took itself seriously, which is why it worked bc it was silly and ridiculous. Who didnt burst out laughing everyime they played Pose? The show camped it up with the story. It was entertainment and thats what they were going for.

• Members

It's never good when a show hits a new low in viewers during Feb sweeps, typically the highest rated month of the year. Hopefully B&B will rebound. Although I liked the concept of the February 7 episode, the opera singing was out of place and dictating to the viewers about not smoking was abit too preachy.

Archived