AMC: Wednesday, January 26, 2011

• Members

It's great to see DC back as Scott. Yeah his slightly snarky Scott isn't remotely like Adam's (or even much like how I remember DC as Scott back in the day, really)--and I didn't mind Adam, but he's so far broguth a great energy to the role, and the kind of leading younger man the show needs right now.I know some felt he sleep walked through his role on--ATWT I think (or was it his last role on GL) so I hope he keeps up his current style on AMC.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's not what I mean. For 3 mths. La Lucci who is after this contract..you know. For 3 mths. it did not effect the ratings much at all. Yes PV has become so unrecognizable, Erica is a constant, is the stamp to the show, but I doubt the ratings would tank w/ or w/o her anymore. I said MCE's exit would impact more S/Ls, b/c her character made alot of things, made characters watchable or rootable, or interesting *coughs Marissa, Colby, JR actually broke that pitiful Martin boy streak and became his own, unfortunately regressed now* these people were in midst of good S/Ls and now the direction is cracked. I'm a Annie/JR supporter, I was Radison too, Jack/Erica, Jessie and blind ass Angie, Liza/David..but I live w/ knowing none of those are going to happen. La Kane retires, yes it hits the show in the headlines, Susan Lucci leaves AMC, we will hear that in 2011 sadly, but S/L wise it doesn't hurt anything. Show interest maybe, but connected S/Ls? no.

• Members

As Pine said, because he's Tad's son. Besides it was actually done *well*--they didn't focus all that much on him, used it as an excuse to have a number of character interactions, etc. I was worried Damon would leave the way that way too many characters have left recently--we just hear someone casually mention that he flew out a few days back or something. I find nothing more annoying on soaps than "non exits" for characters and for a while AMC was plagued with them (even when it's a character I hate I appreciate some sort of exit scene, and in this case he's connected to some major characters).

Nuh uh :P In this case I'd say it's equally character driven storytelling--there was nothing forced about the characters being there, unlike some scenes (OK Asher was a stretch, but I guess he's up to something...)

• Members

I actually disagree. On paper, I think it is a weak excuse, but I bought it in the show, and actually found it a nice change fromt he typical soap reasons. Obviously (at least I hope) she didn't leave Jake for the reasons she said--I think ti was connected to a pregnancy (remember those flashbacks? maybe the Leukemia left her incapable of having a baby, or too dangerous to have one and she left with Griff to have an abortion? or?)--but the rest of the story--why she kept her past secret, why Griffin stalks her like a slasher movie villain, etc, was well done I thought.

• Members

I do kinda agree, but thought it was a smart move and like you say, firther pits Scott against JR. Also, in the past we've seen that Annie when paranoid will throw practically anyone under the bus for her goal (even her daughter)--I would liek to think she's somewhat outgrown that, but it does make character sense to me.

I think int he past we used to agree on the show--but lately I can't disagree more with most of your complaining ;) Just see it almost completely differently.

• Members

I admit I find it kinda riveting to watch despite myself. I hate to see Annie fall apart again, but to me anyway (I know others on here strongly disagree) it doesn't feel out of character fully (I never felt she even got the help she needed--Oak Haven was a complete bust with psycho therapists, and then she went from one whacked relationship to another). I also think it makes sense from JR's POV. His main attraction to Annie was the deviousness they shared and the forbidden stuff--now that's quickly gonna fade with his divorce, and the relationship is losing its appeal for her-- It's the chase. Now that he has Annie she's become obsessed and dependant on him--and it's causing him to lose interest--meanwhile boring Marissa is looking more and more appealing now that she isn't dependant on him--the chase again.

• Members

With all due respect, :rolleyes: They seemed to be giving him more story before any info about him leavingeven leaked. Yes AMC is not in a great spot right now (although i think it's, day to day, creatively much stronger than it has been in *years*--and yes I've read all yours posts and know you completely disagree), but you can't rile yourself up to believe every conspiracy theory. if it depresses you so much to watch each day because it feels like the end... Don't watch. That's the only way to send a message to the show *anyway*. We all bitch and moan on here, but I'd hate to see someone have a heartached because they're busy posting the exact same rant, based on half truthes, over and over--deep breaths are good. (I do know you're a huge AMC fan, as am I, and just love your show and don't likewhere it's at right now, but be calm... I'd be curious to read what you think they should be doing with the show instead--besidees getting rid of Lucci which you think they will this year anyway and I can't tell if you think that's a good or bad thing cuz each post seems to say the opposite).

• Members

Exactly--there have been those who have suggested they're slowly trying to phase her out--but I simply don't see it. Even with the commute, and three month holiday, she's been on this past year more than many past ones...

It's certainly true that he doesn't seem to think "a decent-good actor" is any kind of appeal that should matter...

Archived