AMC: Actress leaves!

• Members

Frons and Guza led to BH's firing. Insiders say she was told this recently and had no idea about it, MCE well I hope she left voluntarily like she posted on her site. Hey Rebecca tried spreading her wings and we got her back.

I wish MCE so much luck, but it does hurt and selfishly I'm hoping for a return and reuniting of Annie & JR one day. Hell Rylee got it. dry.gif

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could buy Marissa being bi! Marissa needs a storyline that doesn't involve demonizing the Chandlers and Binks will need some post-Reese coochie. Perfect!

As much I adore MCE they could recast Annie. For me, except absolute legacy characters(Erica for ex.) anyone can be recast.

• Members

Of course she quit--she did her dues, she ran her contract and a bit more, and like any young successful soap star in her shoes wants to try for primetime or movies, or whatever. I dunno, call me a Pollyana, but I hate how everyone thinks all these *typical normal* exits mean "more". When Debbi Morgan was taking her break half the people here seemed to think it was a sign she was fleeing a troubled ship, or the execs were cutting expensive vets--maybe her lyme disease is part of the hoax? Some keep going on about how the show is obviously trying to use Erica less and less so they can dump expensive Lucci--never mind that she's been on more this past year than many of the ones before that. Soaps, and particularly AMC are in troubled water *no doubt* but I kinda am sick of all the paranoia. :P

I'm just mad they wasted over a year of MCE's talent as goody goody boring Annie that no one could care two cents for.

• Members

You are a Pollyanna. :P

I kind of agree with you. I have no doubt this was MCE's decision. I've always said that actors can only do soaps for 4-6 years, then they have to leave otherwise they become known as "soap actors" and the rest of the industry writes them off. She's been auditioning and has gotten some outside work so leaving the showis the next logical step. If AMC were still in NY, that would be one thing but does anyone believe these actors uprooted their lives and changed coasts for this show? No, they did it because it was better for their careers in the long view.

But I don't think you can overlook the recent exodus of young actors calling it quits: Kane, Wittrock now Egan. It's no different than in "real" workplaces. People see that the company is in trouble and start looking for their next option. The young, smart ones never stop. The ratings, the repeats, the firings...you can't ignore that stuff.

I'm willing to bet that for all the actors pounding the pavement, half the crew is papering the town with resumes too. Let me put it this way, if you were working for AMC, wouldn't you be job hunting?

Archived