AMC: Actress leaves!

• Members

I actually...sorta...kinda...agree with this.

I don't think Scott and/or Marissa have been sacrificed for JR and/or Annie, but I'd hardly say Annie's been sacrificed for Marissa. As far as the Chandler quad goes, JR and Annie have been the stars of that show since the second Adam left, and the bulk of the story has been told from their points of view. Scott and Marissa were recast in the middle of the story because they could be, because they aren't the central figures of the plot.

ETA: And look at me, being the one to make my own prediction come true!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess you are right... I am blinded by my anger, and indifference towards Marissa I suppose. Oh well... I am sure Melissa will act her heart out as she always does in these final weeks. I'll be very interested to see just how much they vilify her.... that I guess will tell us if they are thinking recast or not.

If she goes to Greenbrior, perhaps that plastic surgery/early release program is still in effect?

• Members

Love MCE and will stop watching once she stops airing. I'm really upset over it but what pisses me off even more is knowing that she won't get the exit she deserves. All the progress she made as Annie in the last year will be erased. What a waste...

• Members

:o Oh God, I hope the release of a certain somebody's autobio doesn't coincide with the closing of another chapter in her life:

"After months of soul searching, I've decided that this will be my last contract year with All My Children. ABC's decision to move the show to L.A. was a great vote of confidence, but as you all know, I'm a New York girl and many of us east-coasters went kicking and screaming. *smile* I look forward to spending more time in New York with my daughter's beautiful children and spending more quality time with mom in Palm Beach and with Helmut traveling the globe. I'll continue to see my fan friends on QVC and hopefully in some eciting film and primetime projects. But those of you who have been watching AMC for the last 41 1/2 years since I started playing Erica Kane as a rambunctious four year-old girl know that you can't get rid of her THAT easily. I'll be making plenty of visits to check in on my girls and their children and of course Ryan who has been one of the most special people in Erica's life, like a son while also a lover. I thank you all for the years, and I promise, the best is yet to come! xoxo -SL"

Now I've jinxed it, it can never happen! I speak it into existence!

• Members

Meh. I'm not gonna flip out over some 4 year newbie. The show has survived more shocking departures of longer-term characters who were equally, if not more, popular than Annie/MCE, and it'll survive this one too. Personally, the Crazy!Annie shtick got old a long time ago, and I never bought into any of her pairings. I wish the actress well, and I feel for her fans. It sucks to lose a character you love. :(

Archived