AMC - Wednesday - 12/22/10

• Members

Lee Meriwether appeared in a few episodes over the summer for Jake and Amanda's "wedding." In the early 00s (and presumably the 90s and 80s), they'd list pretty much all contract and recurring cast members from the whole year. I'm guessing since Shannon was contract most of the year, that's why she was with the contract people here. But then again, I missed the whole cast part.

But yeah, they need to do something before the opening. Just starting on Erica like that is too abrupt and blah. I like the soft chord at the beginning of the theme, so they could start that on the teaser and do a slow fade into the opening.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they wanna go abrupt, I'd have the last frame of the teaser scene in a non-cheesy graphic way rapidly flip from the lower right corner like the first page of the scrapbook followed by several other rapidly flipped pages (you now when you hold a book and frrrrip through the pages with your thumb?) with various cast pics of the past and present. The "dunh-dunh-dunh" would play under that then LAND on the first shot of Erica of the current opening and proceed from there.

• Members

Thanks. Agnes'! :)

When people were talking about bringing the simple title card back, I thought it would be... *lovely* if maybe twice a week they had a :15 opening of various clips with the handwritten poem superimposed, Agnes reading it, closing on a shot of her in a big leather chair by the fire smiling warmly, "You are All My Children", chords/*chime*/title card. That would be nice at least for the week of anniversary shows. Kind of like GL's anniversary opening, but not played ad nauseum.

• Members

The new opening is terrible! If you're gonna use shots from the show at least try to find ones where the actors aren't talking. And they need to work on the pacing so it fits better with the theme song.

Lindsay Hartley this ain't Passions and you ain't Susan Lucci, tone it down a notch.

Yes she does!wub.gif

• Members

LH certainly does have a coke-ish way about her, but it hasn't quite gotten on my nerves yet. It will if I begin to sense that it's more affected than free. She's new to me, so right now I'm kind of buying it as the "way she plays her instrument" or what have you.

CBL looks like she's going to open her mouth and sound like Penelope Cruz.

• Members

Nope, they're still a day off though I don't know why they didn't just reedit a few episodes to catch up in the last 6 weeks. :blink:

Agree on both counts. They should've brought back the "dum, dum, dum" lead in.

I want to believe that Greenlee is about to revert to her true self and that it will lead Ryan to finally leave her for good, but I just don't see that happening with Frons & Carruthers still around. What I'm most dreading is Greenlee getting all up in Madison's face, Ryan butting into Madison's life and Kendall making excuses for them while poor Madison has to deal with all 3 of those idiots!

• Members

To the best of my knowledge she *is* still on contract. I don't know WTF is going on with her and AMC but I have a pretty good idea how this is going to end and if I'm right then I'll have no problem throwing them on the trash heap with their inbred, redneck cousin, OLTL.

Good. ER had/has a phenomenal rack and a pretty nice badonkadonk to go with it so CBL should play up her curves too. Also, Binks has an eating disorder. For that reason, IMO, it's important that she not resemble a famine victim like Erica, Kendall or Greenlee. The character needs to be a woman who is comfortable in her own skin.

• Members

I totally agree!

I used to LIVE for the "dun-dun-dun". LOL!

Bring it back!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7gWEUXUhA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7gWEUXUhA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7gWEUXUhA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived