OLTL: Discussion for the week of December 20th

• Members

Except I really don't think Matthew being the killer would be a terrible idea, depending on how it's done. If he left the show, no, I wouldn't accept it, but Nora didn't leave the show after killing Colin McIver. Lindsay killed Sam, etc.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's true that this being a soap, it's not certain he would go to jail, and if he wouldn't, I admit it's a better answer to the mystery than many fo the other suspects. That said, I think Matthew getting so worked up that he'd find and kill someone would still be a bit too sudden of a turn for the character.

• Members

What do you mean she's never done anything like this before? Of course she has. The thing she did to Andrew Carpenter is right along these lines, so yes, she has a history of vindictiveness. Only this time she's telling the truth or what the players perceive to be the truth.

Personally, I love it and she's sort of justified giving it to Natalie when you look at the big picture.

• Members

It's true it's a regression to pre rape Marty, but it doesn't ring true to me, and even in the Andrew storyline (which was right when I started watching the show) she didn't behave this, well, psycho. She was in control and aware of her actions, no monologues to portraits. That aside, I don't believe after all she put up with with the death of Patrick, her "death", Todd's "rapemance", she would snap so suddenly and so strongly *now*. It doesn't come out of character it comes out of plot contrivance.

• Members

I think Marty's behavior would be more believable if she wasn't one of many psychos of the month on the show in recent years. It's all about crazies moving the plot along. If they were going to tell this story they should have involved Hannah, have her and Hannah feeding off each other. As it is now she basically has the same two or three scenes every episode.

• Members

are you kidding me? She talks to a picture and a DNA result as if they people that can have a converation with her. She is completely unhinged and behaves in an over the top manner. The woman is not sane and each day she descends further and further into madness. She hasnt physically hurt anyone yet but at the rate she's going, I wouldnt be surprised if she eventually tries.

• Members

Hannah was the most cartoonish character this year. The writers never even knew what they wanted her to be. Was she campy love to hate, a flat out bitch, a misunderstood little girl, or "mentally ill"?

I still can't get past how, even as Hannah took Starr and her daughter hostage, they tried to give Hannah a sympathetic backstory about how "her parents neglected her". Right, parental neglect causes people to take innocent people and innocent little babies hostage. In my opinion, that's right up there with the propping that the godawful Ford brothers get. At least with Stacy, the writers were consistent. Hannah had no motivations, and she obviously wasn't mentally ill, which makes her even more ridiculous.

The scenes with Hannah not caring whether an innocent baby lived or died were big mistakes, to say the least. Not to mention scenes with Hannah about to kill Starr right in front of her daughter. And the scenes at the police station where Hannah kept trying to make it look like she was "mentally ill" and lunging at Natalie for no reason... big mistakes as well. The worst part about it was how she was so stupid that she thought she could get away with it. If Hannah was mentally ill, or if they bothered to write her as an all out villain, I might have had an easier time accepting the horror of it. But she wasn't mentally ill, and Ron kept trying to redeem her. I can only assume that Ron was vetoed by the higher ups. Although that's not likely either, since Hannah was also very Frons. So the reason for Hannah leaving... I can only assume it was because Meghann Fahy wanted to leave.

• Members

And that's just it, if one of the Ford boys did it I'd be fully prepared for his judicial slap on the wrist and thriving future on the show. I'm still iffy about how the show wants to handle Matthew and EA.

I adore bitchitated Viki. I love watching her act like this.

"Dorian I would say such nice things about you... and in public." HA!

Man, Shane is really growing up, I look at my Rex-year-old self and even younger Gigi, yikes, I can't even imagine.

Archived