CNN: Lowest Rated Year

Sylph

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not surprised. CNN is boring and with the current state of the economy, political beliefs are even more polarizing than ever so either you're a Democrat and will tune into MSNBC or Republican and tune into Fox.

And I'll never understand how a disgraced Governor can be rewarded with his own show so I'm glad Spitzer is tanking. There's absolutely no way Morgan will be CNN's savior.

• Members

But why should political opinion mean you don't want the news. The difference between CNN and those other fake networks is lets say a volcano erupts, killing millions in asia or europe somewhere. CNN will be there with cameras reporting. FOX and MSNBC will have their talking heads recapping what they read about it off the wires while airing borrowed footage from local TV. Sometimes I want a chat show, and sometimes I want the news. These talk shows that air from 8-11 are distorting the public's concept of what news is.

• Members

CNN International better? ohmy.gif

I find it horrifyingly terrible. Utter [!@#$%^&*], it just can't compare with BBC World, for example.

BBC News, UK's domestic news channel, is OK, except on weekends, when it's a snoozefest, just like every other is, Sky has fallen, though it depends on the host, who can sometimes make a difference in the same report being repeated 24 times a day (actually more, they have that "bringing you the news in 15 minutes every 15 minutes" thing somewhere between 7 and 10 PM). Press Preview can be loads of fun, depends who is the guest. BBC News could add Newsnight and Panorama to its regular schedule.

France has the LCI news channel, I haven't watched a lot of it so I can't judge.

Italy's are completely forgettable.

• 2 months later...

Archived