CNN: Lowest Rated Year

Sylph

• Members

Boy am I glad you posted a new link. I didn't even see these replies!

In comparison to Domestic CNN! I visited some friends abroad for a week about a year ago, and I was shocked by how there was no mention of Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, or even anything really TV related. It was just very thorough, like Domestic CNN should be.

Never seen BBC World, so I can't compare those two.

:lol:

1.) More people are dropping their cable subscriptions for OTA TV and NetFlix.

2.) People get their news through blogs and online articles instead of watching/listening to cable news.

3.) People get their news ABOUT these talking heads from Drudge, HuffPo, Finke, and even TV sources like Daily Show, Colbert, and The Soup. Clips are already up before the show even finishes its first run. So, why watch the full show when you'll get the reader's digest version later.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: Maybe you should take a walk to visit the OWN thread too. :P

No serious news network I follow reports on [!@#$%^&*] like Spears and Lohan. I think that the Paris drama had a report on BBC, for example, but it was buried deeply towards the end of the bulletin. Wealthy businessmen and affluent viewers don't care for such [!@#$%^&*].

I've always wondered why they did the weather bulletins, I guess one reason is to clue the globe-trotting business people on what it will be like where they're going to tomorrow, but they can check it online, no? On that nations national weather service website or wherever. Yet, I find them refreshing and often the weathermen can be quite funny. The countless misshaps that happened during the BBC one! LOL!

You should find a stream to Al Jazeera, BBC, Sky... and compare them.

Yeah. They all offer nothing new and the approach is antiquated. I love how tight the other world news networks bulletins are and how structured it all is. The domestic CNN is just crap, like diluted paint that goes all over the place once spilt on the floor. It just meanders all over the place and what you get is one big fat chunk of WTF messiness.

Archived