OLTL: Discussion for the week November 22

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, here's my take. The one only one we know for sure is Rex. Clint is his father.

It occurs to me that Marty could have changed the results to say that Ford was Jessica's father, only to have the Tech guy change them right back to say that Brody is the father. But if I'm wrong, then this crystalizes all that is wrong with giving HWs money for every new character they create that lasts beyond a certain amount of time. It provides incentive for them to make writing decisions from that standpoint. If the Fords have a permanent link to the show then that can benefit RC for years to come. But to make Ford the father is ridiculous.

In the case of Nathalie's baby it seems clear that John is the father and Marty changed the results.

I was hoping that Brody would be the father of both babies so that they would be half-siblings, as well as cousins. That seemed to be the right long-term decision for the show.

Steve

PS I'm not totally positive if it's true that HWs benefit financially for every character that lasts. But I had heard that many years ago, with regards to Days of our Lives.

• Members

I don't think it's clear that when the guy said Brody was the father and I had to change it that it was in reference to Jessica. Who knows whose he switched. I wouldn't put it past Clint to know about Natalie's situation, as well. Also, even if he changed Natalie's by mistake, that leaves Jessica's results unknown.

• Members

If he changed the results of Natalie, it must have been purely accidental. Clint knows about Jessica's situation and he does not want Ford to be the father. His instructions were to change hers. If hechanged Natalie's it was a pure fluke bc they were so close and I think that can be blamed on how nervous he was as well as being caught. I dont think the converastion with Clint was alluding to Natalie at all

• Members

I honestly don't think we can say we know for sure the TRUE results of any of these tests!

REX/ECHO (Clint or Charlie)

Clint's instructions were to make it so that Charlie was named the father- and it was explicitly said by Vimal today- he made sure it named Charlie... it didn't say it was definitely switched, or it was definitely Clint. I think they did leave that open- remember, Mitch was a match for Shane was well and he wasn't blood- so that doesn't mean anything as far as Clint goes. They definitely left it open ended! Although Clint is pretty sure Rex is his...

JESSICA (Brody or Ford) / NATALIE (Brody or John)

This is where it gets tricky. Clint ordered Vimal to change the results of JESSICA'S test- but they flashbacked to Vimal going down the list to "his daughter", and Natalie pops up first because her last name was Banks- it was definitely suggested that Vimal changed the results of Natalie's test to Brodys, and left Jessica's test alone....

That would mean that Natalie's baby is really John's (BORING!!!) because Vimal was instructed to switch it to Brody. It would also mean that Jessica's test was unaltered, and that Brody really is the father.

HOWEVER- it appears all of these tests are somewhat open ended, and could all be switched back later on... so Clint/Brody/Brody isn't necessarily the end game... I still think it could be Clint, and also John as Natalie's baby daddy.

My hopes: Clint IS Rex's father (a lot of potential with that despite the fact I'm not too fond of Rex)... and Brody as both Jess and Nat's baby daddy because there is so much juicy story there. But I don't think it was settled one bit after the results today with TWO people in the lab potentially switching results (Vimal/Marty).

• Members

Ok I apologize to Trevor for blaming him for that smug smirking on Friday. It was in the script because today's dialogue from start to finish was all about Todd TAUNTING Marty and GLOATING over his victory. SH is a good actress but she needs to quit the baring and grinding of her teeth habit, it's distracting. While I am very tired of Todd/Marty story of ANY kind, I dug them going for each other's throats today.

Matthew, oh you sly little devil! I love he's starting to catch a clue about Clint's manipulations.

I'll call it, by May sweeps all 3 of today's results will be debunked. Ack!

Archived