OLTL: Discussion for the week November 22

• Members

I can't stand Eddie he is so over the top.

I like how Clint is going to get Inez to break up Bo and Nora instead of her doing it on her own.

Trying to get drum up sympathy for James/Ford :rolleyes:

Tea :wub:

nuJoey looks cute, doubt he will have chemistry with Tognoni.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow Bo and Charlie are being douche bags to their wives and their feelings concering those other women.

Clint is good, he's really good. He's having Inez do his dirty work, it's great. I :wub: Clint for the first time in all my years of watching.

When does Eddie Ford leave, and when he does can he please take all the other Fords with him.

• Members

I missed most of it, I'll have to watch later, but how the hell did the Fords get invited to Cramer Thanksgiving in the first place?? Ugh. Dorian I wish you would have put your foot down to Bobby, and Starr, your hot little tail just had to have James there. And with their mother across town at Asa's?

• Members

Today's show rocked. I'm not sure who wrote the script today but there were more one liners then I could count. If the writers thought by bringing Eddie on they would strum up sympathy for the Ford boys then they were right because it's definitely working on me. I felt so bad for James and to a lesser degree Ford but Nate can leave yesterday. I'm not sure why, but I just can't warm up to this character and I'm loving Chris and Blair as a couple. I hope they are explored.

• Members

Marty's been thrown under the bus to soften the blow for Natalie and Brody and frankly that's fine by me. I'm tired of Sainted Marytr of Perpetual Victimhood.

I see way more support for dark, manipulative Clint than foolish shotgun wielding good guy.

Matthew, however, worries me because I fear Frons doesn't view ES worthy of his teen "hunks" only club.

Anyhoo, the chances I was referring to was DIRECTING as in unique camera angles and characters aren't standing around talking so much as there is MOVEMENT, real movement at last in scenes.

• Members

I was finding Eddie entertaining until today's extremely obvious ploy to create sympathy for the abused Ford brothers. It's a shame the writers feel viewers are too stupid not to see through this.

I think Clint was very honest today with Nora. He doesn't trust anyone anymore and his paranoia is off the charts. It's obvious that Bo is playing straight into Clint's manipulations too.

Florencia looked stunning today, red is her best color and boy do I love when Téa sniffs out one of Todd's plots and calls him out over it.

Since GT hasn't shared chemistry with anyone but DG yet, that's a safe bet :-(

• Members

I knew you meant directing chances but I thought you meant the characters were moving forward.

I guess I think back to JFP's run and hesitate at production or direction making up for lack of good story.

One thing I will say is that OLTL seems to not stall on "big" events -- something is always happening. In today's soap world that's probably a good way to go.

• Members

What I meant was Jill Mitwell did an outstanding job creating a tense, hovering dark ambiance last month during Eli's wild spree. She set the MOOD in which characters could quietly fear for loved ones in peril and she ratched up the tension in a really unique manner you see more in film noir than soaps.

Ok I can remember JFP winning praise for her production values but frankly what I remember most from her OLTL tenure was endless montages and often stupid stunt scenes.

Most stories this summer except Téa's cancer felt stalled. RC struggles to juggle multiple front burner stories. I think October was so tightly written and exciting soap b/c he focused mostly climaxing one umbrella story. RC isn't a good multi-tasker IMO, so when he's forced to progress multiple stories at same time, the BIG events don't come off as well. For example, TnT's party fell flat, the Echo/Rex reveal was dull compared to the buildup and the Marty/John/Nat confrontation was rushed and disappointing.

Today was another example where RC had too many characters on at once so the show came off choppy. RC needs to decide the cast is too big and you can't have them all on same day so learn to retain your focus better. I don't think the Dani/Destiny convo nor the Kelly/Kevin/Neville scenes were required today. Kelly came off like an insensitive teen nitwit and Dani/Destiny convo was too abrupt for the heavy material. The airtime saved could have been better used for TnT's fight, Clint & Matt, and those delicous Dorian/Viki/Echo scenes.

• Members

I see what you mean. I tend to think the followthrough is worse than the big moments, or it was that way up to 2009, but since then it's closer to what you describe. I think if they are able to make stories and stick to them, the situation will improve. As it is now I cannot and will not care about anything related to Rex's paternity. I would rather watch Echo and Roxy get drunk and argue.

Archived