OLTL: Discussion for the week November 22

• Members

Its official, I like this Joey. Wasnt sure from hics pics at first but Im buying him in the role.

Terri looks like Alexa Havins with her hair. She looks good.

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. She goes allthe way to London to see Joey and mentions that she ould attempt top go see her so while she was there. She finds out Joey isnt in town, she what does she do? Hightails it out of there and jumps on the first plane back to Llanview, all while disregarding her "visit" with her child. Great mothering skills

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tom Degnan does has Joey's sweetness and caring. The question is does he have real power, strength and the ability to be a leading man? Don Jeffcoat did not, Nathan Fillion did. I think the older Chris McKenna would, based on what I've seen of his recent work. I thought I saw that in JK's reel. Joey needs to have some edge in order to survive in today's ABCD, otherwise he becomes a neutered, passive male a la what AMC did with Scott Chandler. This is because, unfortunately, the current ABC regime doesn't know how to handle soulful, artistic types like Joey, and instead defaults to writing them as pussies or prim hypocrites for other men to get one over on. So with a character such as this, there also must be an overt strength. Bob Krimmer's Andrew - Joey's mentor a couple years ago - had this as well back in the '90s, which is what kept Andrew from being sexless and boring in his early years. Because beneath his good intentions and moral certitude, there was also a lot of pent-up passion in Andrew, often for women he couldn't have. This kind of passion is what Joey needs. I guess we'll see if Degnan can do it. For me, the jury's out, though he does sell the basic elements of the character.

I suspect TC is going to be slotted in as "new Kelly" if Frons has his way. Gina T better watch her ass.

• Members

It's interesting because I feel that if he did, he might be even more likely to go than if he doesn't, because he would be a threat to John/Todd/Rex. That's one of the reasons Scott Clifton went.

OLTL and ABC Daytime these days tend to want men who are very weak and flaccid, even if they sometimes huff and puff on cue.

If they are really trying to hype up Terri than why not cast her as Sarah instead of all the stuff with this relationship with Joey that will probably not go anywhere anyway.

Archived