OLTL: Discussion for the week November 22

• Members

Here's another thought: maybe Marty figured it would be good to have something to hold over Brody's head. He has the proof that she was snooping in the hospital. And he used that to blackmail her. Maybe from her perspective it would be helpful to be able to tell Brody that he's not the father of Jessica's baby, and she will let Ford know, if Brody in anyway messes with her.

On Edit: I just re-watched the parts of the show dealing with Vimal. It seems clear that he changed Nathalie's results by accident. I'm basing that on two thing: first, in the flashback he seemed to be pointing at Nathalie's name. Second, the dialogue used betweem Clint and Vimal was constantly referring to "his daughter." Also, I would think that a BE employee would know the name Banks better than Brennan, since Jared worked there.

But as I said earlier, it's also possible that Marty changed the results (to say John is the father, for whatever her reasons) and then Vimal changed them back.

All we really know that Marty did something--what she did, we don't know. It's possible for either man to be the father of Jessica's baby, and either could be the father of Nathalie's baby.

Common sense would seem to be that Brody should be the father of both babies--there is so much story to tell there. But knowing RC it will probably be Ford and John.

Steve

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just watched today's OLTL and was frustrated out of my mind by the end! Came to the thread to see if anyone figured it out, now I'm even more confused! This is a very effed up situation! LOL. I am amazed at everyone in here who tried to decipher everything. Lot's of great theories. I hope it doesn't take a long time for the show to reveal what happened...

I think Brody is really the father of Nat's baby & Ford is the father of Jessica's. But I hope that Brody is the father of both. It will be pretty lame if John is Nat's babies father after all IMO.

I don't think Langston and Ford will be able to live up to their promise to each other. lol.

• Members

My hopes:

* Brody fathered Natalie's baby.

* Brody fathered Jessica's baby, too.

* Neither Charlie nor Clint fathered Rex, b/c Echo is just one big ho.

* Everyone's wrong, Brody is Echo's kid (not by Clint), and Rex leaves (w/ Gigi?) to find out just who the [!@#$%^&*] made him.

My fears:

* John fathered Natalie's baby.

* Ford fathered Jessica's baby.

* Brody loses his [!@#$%^&*] and gets killed.

* Clint isn't really Clint, but Mitch Laurence. (As much as I don't like BadClint, FauxClint would be much worse.)

• Members

You really think Todd is occupying the moral high ground in this story? I think his actions come across as vile and the smugness TSJ is (appropriately) playing makes Todd all the more repulsive. I think the audience is supposed to sympathize with Marty here, and understand why she's doing the terrible things she's doing.

• Members

There's some wiggle room but generally I think the idea is:

Marty's a crazy bitch and Todd just wants to protect his granddaughter. Todd doesn't do "good" things, but that just makes him even more hot and he's always right, so listen to what he says.

• Members

From watching the episode this is what I THOUGHT happened:

1. Vimal named Charlie as Rex father. Unclear what the actual results were.

2. Clint ordered Vimal to tamper with his daughter's DNA test results to show that Brody is the baby's father. (plot point that I don't get, as Jessica is not married and Brody could take advantage of the Buchanan fortune just as easily as Ford could.) Clint didn't know, and had no reason to know, Natalie's name would come up. Vimal accidentally changed Natalie's test results to show Brody as the father.

3. Jessica's test was not tampered with.

4. Marty was in the lab to print the results and saw Vimal. There was no tampering on her part.

5. Therefore, Brody is the father of Jessica's baby and John is the father of Natalie's baby but because of the switch, it shows Brody. They are going to make Marty the psycho who exposes the results and causes Natalie and John to break up only to later (May sweeps) find out John actually is the father so that Natalie and John could have their amazing reunion and be the super couple TPTB think they are.

Still, hoping that Brody could end up being the father of Nat's baby as well. Can't stand her and want to see her destroyed (just to be clear - Natalie, the character, not Melissa Archer, the actress)

• Members

It has nothing to do with the Buchanan money. Jessica loves Brody and he makes her happy and has helped keep her stable. Ford is a sleaze and he doesnt want Jessica tied to him for life. He comrpomises her sanity as she may not be able to handle the blow of having him as a father.

• Members

Kudos to Ilene Kristen. Her scenes with JPL and especially with Kim Zimmer were amazing. You could see the pain and hurt in her face as her whole body trembled. I think I had forgotten what a good dramatic actress she is because her character is used sooo much for comic relief.

• Members

Oh good. I'm glad they gave her something to do. Nothing in this story really does anything for me, aside from one or two of the older actors, so I'm glad she is involved. She was the only good thing about the last botched Rex paternity reveal.

• Members

Oh come on Viki you know that Dorian isn't going to stop just because you ask her to, which I freaking love. Get that homewrecker Dorian!!

I cannot believe that woman had the nerve to go to Viki and Charlie's when Roxy threw her out. Charlie don't suggest it!!!! But I know he will :wacko:

• Members

Ilene was Great As Roxy Today Great Stuff

Maybe even emmy material

Look jess test was not tampered with and Brody is the Dad and given all the hell that happens to Jess I can see why Ron had Her test show the truth

But nat's test was tampered which means that John is really the dad

Why isnt Matt In School

Also Re Marty being Pushed Into A Corner This Is Marty saybrooke as she came to Llanview in 1992. This is a NOD To HISTORY

Archived