OLTL: Discussion for the week November 22

• Members

Followthrough or fallout? Yes RC tries to rush to his next plot point or big moment without playing all the beats out and impact on the characters. For example, he rushed Todd/Dani's mourning over Téa in his rush to jump into teh custody battle. He rushed out Greg's confession about being Destiny's mom in his rush to get to Destiny divorcing her parents plot. He rushed Starr jumping James' bone day after Cole went to prison in his mad rush to do StarrJam. Instead of letting Starr and James organically develop, they are a sledgehammer coming at me.

I think Shane's snarking over his grandparents changing so much was RC acknowledging the absurdity of all the rewrites.

I'll pass on Roxy sober or drunk as her character grates on me big time. I do like KZ's Echo way more than I thought I would but then anyone who can goad Viki & Dorian into teaming is a winner in my book :-)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay I picked OLTL back up after a long break. I wanna say it's been maybe a year because I didn't even know Natalie and Jessica were pregnant. I couldn't even tell u where I left off. I know there were no Ford's in Llanview so the past four or five episodes have been kinda confusing. I was disappointed in Jessica Leccia and Gina Tognoni's characters. I guess when Heather Tom took over as Kelly she just totally owned that role. Tognoni comes off so forgettable, but I do wish she had more scenes with Kevin because they seem to have a strong chemistry.

One thing I don't understand is why Langston hates Blair. That character seems so lost. She's now competing with Langston for a little boy who can't act? Overall I did enjoy a lot of what I saw. HATE Gigi and Rex. Loved seeing Dorian, Echo (Zimmer is killing it and nothing like Reva!), Viki and this transformation of Clint and Matthew is flawless. I can't wait to see Bo and Nora and what they've been up to! Crazy Marty cracks me up, but that character has been useless for years. I actually enjoy this stuff with Natalie, Jessica and Brody, but I wish Layla was still around for Cristian. Or anybody.

• Members

Echo to Gigi: "I bet underneath all that makeup, you're a pretty girl" LOL

This Eddie stuff is too over the top. Can we just kill him off already and move on

I noticed Shane's voice has changed. With the different hair, I almost didnt recognize him

Where the heck was Jessica? It felt odd watching Viki include her in her toast yet she was not even present in the room.

Langsotn doesnt hate her. She is irritated with her bc Blair vehemently opposes her relationship with Ford and she doesnt want to hear it

He's the type of kid that would have already gotten his ass kicked in real life.

• Administrator

What a fun episode!

Clint: "I don't want you to sleep with me....I want you sleep with my brother." Great ending! Badass Clint rocks.

And there was Viki's ".....and those who have nowhere to go." (cut to Echo) LOL

Lots of funny lines today from Elizabeth Page!

I also liked Larry Carpenter's directing today, especially that scene when Bo leaves and there's a shot of Nora in the foreground and Clint in the background as they look at Bo leaving.

I'm on Matthew's side. His smartass-ness towards Nate his hilarious. Buchanan > Ford/Salinger

• Members

Ford can go as well. He will never be a leading man in my eyes on any level, so the writers need to stop trying to clean him up. But why does he look like he used to be a woman? This guy just looks weird - does he wear lipstick? Not sure what it is, but the performer (refuse to say actor) just does not look right.

ANDREA

Archived