OLTL: Discussion for the week November 22

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I couldn't put my finger on it, but I was thinking she looked like somebody off of Imitation of Life or something, somebody's rich mother in the '50s.

RSW is so underrated, he makes it look too easy. I thought he was so good just sitting and talking to Nora about Matthew, that conversation felt very "real" to me. I continue to enjoy Matthew's involvement at BE, I think this is going to be interesting. It was also an interesting paradox to cut from the very authentic feeling family breakfast to the wackiness of Vimal and Clint.

• Members

The moment they cut back to Viki and Charlie embracing I said outloud, "*Ding-Dong*", and sure enough... You kinda hafta smile though when Echo's eyes water and she does her teary voice, those flashes of Reva. I found the Rex/Roxy scene a little weird though because it seems like the writers change the dynamic of their relationship every time they share a scene. When Schuyler was around, there were moments when it seemed like Roxy could give a damn about Rex, and at other times, vice versa.

• Members

I think you nailed it. Because Vimal specifically told Clint the wrong man was listed and he changed it to Brody we know Brody isn't the father of both babies. I'm with you on his probably changing John to Brody. As was mentioned earlier Vimal, being a BE employee, would be very familiar with Natalie Banks as Clint's daughter. He probably doesn't know Jessica. Clint didn't know Natalie had a paternity test so he didn't think he'd have to differentiate just say "his daughter".

What bothers me is if Clint thinks the father was Ford and he successfully had it changed to Brody that brings up the RH factor problem again. Ford and Jessica were not RH compatible which would put the baby in danger.

• Members

Except I cant see Clint being that sloppy with this. He wouldnt send Vimal out to switch an important test withouit confirming the name of the person he wanted change. Im sure his original instructions were to change Jessica Brennan's test. I dont doubt that Vimal might have switched Natalie's but if that happened, I beleive it was purely acciedntal and not intentional on his part

• Members

Yeah, that's what was clunky and annoying about Vimal and Clint's exchanges today, it was like, "I changed the name, you know, of the wrong guy for your daughter who is the real father, the guy I assume is the one you are also talking about, though I will not repeat his name out loud at this time as to perpetuate confusion and suspense, and just in case I actually messed up and got it wrong."

I agree! Lovin' it! And I was like, "Cole, your punk ass would go and get beat up when it was just gittin' good!" :lol:

• Members

If the SOD awards still existed, Marty would make a perfect nominee for Best Villian. I can just imagine her montage...lol. She is so psychotic and crazy yet she's never been this fun. She is so much better like this. I had no use for her as the passive bland victim she's been since she returned but she makes for a fun bitch

• Administrator

I just hope Brody is the father to one of the babies - it would be best if he was the father to both.

I'm enjoying crazy Marty too. Loved the diagonal camera movements in the fantasy - great job, Danielle Faraldo!

I also like that Matthew is involved in the adults storyline (and is figuring things out!) and away from Dani/Nate.

• Members

Agreed. Push the envelope, just don't push them over the edge. It's kind of suspenseful to watch too, in a good and bad way, because you wonder just how far they'll be written to go and if at any day it'll be the day they go too far.

• Members

Shame to lose JVD's Clint as he rocks as manipulative patriarch.

Marty's trip to St. Anne's can start yesterday as far as I'm concerned. But SH IS far more entertaining in her exit story than MW was, that I will give her she's rocking the looney tunes villainy.

• Members

They are taking chances with those they may see as disposable (Clint, Marty, Matthew, Natalie, Brody), but those they see as important still seem to have the same old stories (Rex, Todd, John, Jessica). It seems like a shell game. I think it's working but I wonder how much can change when the main characters are still in a rut.

Archived