Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This popped up on my FB feed under African-American History… @YRfan23maybe more YR will start showing up on archive.org!

Marion Stokes, a Philadelphia woman who began taping whatever was on television in 1979 and didn't stop until her death in 2012. The 71,000 VHS and Betamax tapes she made are the most complete colltion preserving this era of TV. The are being digitized by the internet Archive.”

• Members

There's actually a whole page of archive material from her. It's very confusing to navigate (for example, I found the link to a 1984 project, even though the main page doesn't have 1984 has an available year). The problem is it's not well organized and the files are huge. I had it in mind to scope it out, but it takes forever to download one file and then you have to scan through it. It seems to be mostly news, but there could be hidden treasures, even old promos (but to find a 15 second promo in a 6 hour video, you'd have to watch the entire thing without fast forwarding...). Maybe someday we all can figure out how to split up the work. It would be amazing to find some stuff in there!

https://archive.org/details/stokestvarchiveexperiment?sort=-date

https://archive.org/details/the-marion-stokes-1984-project-wx8vjn

• Members

So crazy as I was thinking about her yesterday and then a post popped up on my FB feed as well. I was literally just downloading from there this morning. I got the All in the Family special from 1974 which was a 1977 rebroadcast but nothing Y&R or soap related was on there.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Douglas doesn't appear during that air date. Does anyone know the correct air date on his final appearance?

What's the air date on that scene?

Any idea on the air date or the video in the VAULT that would have that scene?

Edited by fivethej

• Members
Posted (edited)

This has a few Julianne Morris (Amy Wilson) hosting segments. I had never heard of this channel or knew that she did any hosting segments.

Edited by DRW50