Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

For me the show lost something when Jeanne Cooper passed. For a long whgile, i would tune in just to see wqhat she was up to. and i've watched many of her stories from her fights with Jill in the late 1990's to her relationship with Murphy and Tucker. The show isn't bad now but it's just not the same without her.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The show really lost it's touch when Bill Bell died I think, but Jeanne's death has been it's final nail in the coffin.

It's sad because I actually allowed myself to believe in some reality that Jeanne really was gonna live forever and that someday the show would really revisited the epic Katherine/Jill saga that's been missing even before Jeanne died.I watched everyday that she was on always brainstorming in my head how they could really get the much needed juice flowing for her and Jill and I admit even after her death i still brainstorm and make it seem like Jeanne and Katherine is still alive and try to imagine what might be happening with those 2 now......I've accepted her death but I guess it's a comfort to keep Jeanne alive in some capacity.

• Members

For me, the sad part is how JC's passing and the subsequent end of the Jill/Katherine feud has left a giant vacuum on Y&R's canvas. This show should have transitioned successfully from Jill vs. Katherine to Jill vs. Nina with Chance in the middle a L-O-N-G time ago. Instead, what have we got? Where is the center of Y&R now?

Edited by Khan

• Members

It should have been Jill vs Nina with Jill and Nina Vs.Chloe with Phillip (Chance) in the middle a long time ago.

Now that Chloe is gone and I often thought this before, but I wonder why they couldn't just take one of the younger female characters currently on the canvas now and make them the "Nina" to Jill's "Katherine" and Nina's "Jill". Not that she has the chops but think of what could have been if they dropped this cop nonsense and romance with NoDULL and made Courtney into a conniving gold digging bitch that sets her site on Nina's son....

Hell imagine if they had decided not to make Chelsea involved with the Newmans and she got to be the vixen in the continuing feud of the Chancellor's???

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

I hope she interviewed a few others too. It was such a nice surprise to find these. I'd never really watched any interviews with Christopher Templeton.

Jeanne is so Jeanne...I was shocked when she called out her old teacher. She just did not give a !@#$%^&*].

Apparently a documentary about disabled actors came out last year and Christopher had some sort of material in it. Perhaps archive footage, or an interview. I don't know.

http://cinemasentries.com/interview/interview-cinemability-director-jenni-gold-discusses-movies-wheelchairs-and-grassroots-campaigns/

http://www.larry411.com/pictures-trailer-cinemability-fort-lauderdale-international-film-festival

• Members

It's sad to realize though that everyone she interviewed from Y&R including Lilyan herself (except for Lee) are now diseased. :(

I could listen to Jeanne for hours.You can sort of tell she really loves to hear the sound of her voice but she has this sincerity about her that makes you fall in love with her.....I will always miss that about her.

• Members

Yeah, Jeanne takes over that interview and even makes sure we know she disagrees with the main point Lilyan was making. Still, she has such charisma, and she does mean well.

I hadn't thought about them all being gone, but yes :( And Jeanne lived the longest.