Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just got around to watching this (a month later - literally!) It confirms how many similarities Dru and Jill had, as the whole episode is about their making messy, emotional decisions. I love that we saw so much of Jill's vulnerability here, instead of her just being written as a plot device or a bitch.

Victoria and Victor calling Nikki "mummy" creeps me out. I'm glad they dropped it. Victor is so arrogant and of course if he hasn't seen anything wrong with Nikki, nothing is wrong. At least he later admitted his mistakes here.

So this is the first time Cricket met Neil. Since thanks to her he knew about Danny it's surprising he didn't figure out who Nina was, given Nina's name being in the papers, but I guess he only read the financial section.

• Members

Glad you were able to watch this! better late then never! LOL

Your right about Dru and Jill, though I thought having Olivia be the one to check out Dru's ankle was sort of risky? Wouldn't she be afraid that Olivia would tell Nathan and ruin everything?......I always adore when Jess gets to play these vulnerable moments as Jill where we remember she is human......I still wish that they would stop writing Jill like a cartoon though I have been enjoying her a lot better then I did the last few regimes.

I always enjoy the warmness of Braeden and HT during those scenes, though it was shocking that Victor at least referred to her as a "strong independent woman" I always feel like he never really thought of her like that even here when the writing was better.

You have a good point about Neil......heck even Sheila knew about the Nina stuff when she brought it up the previous 4/17/91 episode when John (Silva) stopped by.....though I guess anything relating to guns and violence would catch her attention.

• Members

Dru felt like the star of that first episode. So young and impulsive and silly, but you can't help feeling for her. She looked like a million dollars.

You can see the effort Bill Bell was trying to make with the black cast at this point. And it paid dividends for years. Too bad the show lost sight of that fact.

For all the talk of how weak Brenda's Ashley was, she seems very strong to me in episodes like this.