Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Terry Lester was nominated four consecutive years (1984-1987) for Lead Actor at the Daytime Emmys and how he didn't win is beyond me. He was the first Y&R actor to ever be nominated for a Daytime Emmy, yes even before Eric Braeden (who's first nomination was in 1987) and Jeanne Cooper (who's first nomination was in 1989 and she was also Y&R's first lead actress nominee).

• Members

I know, hard to believe that Y&R got no acting nominations until 1984, and no acting wins until 1985 (Beth Maitland for Supporting Actress and Tracey Bregman for Younger Actress, the first year that award was given).

Y&R's first writing nomination was 1975, and first writing win was 1992. It was 1986 that Y&R was given the writing Emmy in error.

• Members

Not too much, actually. They endured some drama together during their last few years on the show, but remained married, and eventually both of them moved to England.

When Snapper returned a few years ago, during the dreadful story about Liz Foster's death, Jill asked him how Chris was, so we know that Snapper and Chris are still together, 30 years later. :)

• Members

Here's what Bill Bell said about Snapper & Chris

I can never forget on Y&R when we married Chris and Snapper about ten months after we went on the air. Everything built so beautifully to that, and then suddenly there's that big let down.The audience is euphoric because they wanted this marriage. Then you say, “Jesus, what am I going to do with it? Where does it go?” Of course it worked out very well. But for a few days there I wondered what the hell we were going to do.The marriage was solid. I wasn't going to shake up a marriage the audience wanted very much. ButSnapper was an intern, and Chris was one of four sisters. So she got involved with her sister's problems, and Snapper was at the hospital where girls were flirting with him. So there was a lot ofinterest there regardless. But that relationship was untouchable.

Bill kept them solid,rather like he did later with Paul and Chris by having them involved in outside issues eg the whole Ron and Nancy Becker story.Then he had short arc stuff like Chris and the teen runaways...

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

It seems like for years and years that ABC and NBC dominated the awards shows and magazine fan fare. Y&R was just kind of there being over looked again and again. I don't see how Jeanne Cooper, Brenda Dickson and Jaime Lyn Bauer didn't get nominated for some of their work early on.

Speaking of Chris and Snapper, I know Chris became a Jabot model during her last year on the show (1982). Didn't Jack flirt with her ?

Prior to her working at Jabot, there was some sort of a storyline where Chris wanted new furniture etc....and Stuart loaned her the money to redecorate. Snapper then invited a doctor and his wife to dinner and the doctors wife recognized how expensive some of their furnishings were and Snapper later exploded and told Stu to shove his money.

• Members

Re Snapper and Chris.That was when Kelly Harmon (Mark Harmon's sister)was cast as Dr Jane Lewis and they were hinting at Snapper/Jane but nothing came of it.I recall that David Hasselhoff was not on regularly and so the stories for Snapper were on/off. Maybe he was working on a primetime pilot? Was it Semi-Tough or was that Josh Taylor?

• Members

I never knew Kelly Harmon was on Y&R. I was just a kid then. Kelly was best known as the Tic Tac commercial girl. Mark & Kelly's sister Kristen "Kris" was the wife of teen idol Ricky Nelson. Kris played herself on the family show Ozzie & Harriet and a recurring role on Adam-12 as Kent McCords wife. Kent got his start on O&H and was a close friend of Ricky's.

• Members

Thank you for this. I especially love the Lucas and Lorie scene. Lance is the one who got her to let Leslie see Brooks, but Lucas seemed to be her conscience. I can see why his turning against her in the Vanessa death story rattled her so much. Ligon and JLB are perfect together - terrific friendship bond.

I laughed at the repeated references to how "heavy" something was.

The boy who played Brooks is way too generic TV cute, to the point of taking me out of scenes, but he was good at the end when Leslie was playing the piano.

That whole shot, especially the overhead where Lorie's tear-stained face merged with the piano, was superbly directed.

Victoria Mallory was brilliant here - so understated and moving and noble.