November 8-12, 2010

Toups

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly, I have to agree. As long as Frons is in charge, we get temporary improvements and then the show starts sucking again.

I won't reiterate what used to make AMC so special because that was well covered in this thread last week, but Frons really just never got it. Imo, he really believes Rylee will suddenly become popular because they've been pushed on us so much. With the ratings of all 3 ABC soaps so low for so long, I can't figure out why he's still employed!

• Members

If the aftermath of Zach's death and LH don't spike AMC's ratings it's in big trouble.

LH brought a spike to Days when she first appeared. Can she do it for AMC? Will fans turn in for the aftermath of Zach's death or will Zach fans quit watching?

Will AMC get the spike in Latino viewers they're hoping for?

As for the whole AMC vs OLTL , if AMC is on death's door for being in last place , then once AMC goes OLTL will be in last place and be next to die. Both shows need to get up in the middle of the pack.

• Members

On a serious note, I don't think ABC really cares about their daytime line-up, other than "The View" and GH. Therefore, that is why Frons has been allowed to maintain his reign of terror with little or no consequences.

I can understand the loyalty to "The View" (like "The Talk", it is enormously more profitable than any of the ABC soaps), but I have never understood the adoration showered on GH, which seems to be surviving based on its past history of success.

Although ABC made a big point of announcing that Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati have been given contract extensions (and thereby a de facto renewal for OLTL), couldn't these two people simply be moved to a different soap? Do they have to stay at OLTL?

I'm surprised that we haven't heard rumblings about expanding "Good Morning, America" to three hours, much like NBC has done with "Today". (A third hour of GMA is already available, but only on the ABC News website.) If that were to happen, ABC would most likely be forced to cede an hour of daytime to the affiliates, meaning that either AMC or OLTL would be on the chopping block. As has been mentioned, ABC could make more money airing a third hour of GMA on television than continuing to produce either AMC or OLTL.

• Members

Actually, Toups this is Week 2 of the new soap "Ratings Rage" - I'm sure you remember last week's drama. The irony is that, in the near term, only B&B is uncertain. Y&R is safe for awhile, DAYS through 2013, ABC soaps good through Jan 12 (when SoapNet flips). I'm surprised we didn't have more of these meltdowns back in the day. Maybe we're suffering from Post-Soap Cancellation Street Syndrome?

• Members

Poor Toups was bashed last week for not having ratings out on time.....

I am surprised Days was renewed....with those low awful ratings...oh well....no one watches soaps anymore..and the ratings reflect it....did watch some B&B today only to see Owen shirtless....and Brooke and Stephanie bonding....lol....Ive lost all interest in them....

Archived