November 8-12, 2010

Toups

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why say anything in this thread anymore? It is always this vs. that, and then it reaches levels of near insanity with the put downs. Its pathetic. Why do we have to be so vile to each other here? (And I was an old fan of the AMC vs. OLTL wars). I'm done. And if AMC's 18-49 was really in the low 500,000 range, I sincerely hope it improves, because that is just sad. And I mean that.

• Members

I think its a natural progression in the death of soaps. The audience has gotten smaller so all that's left are the hardcores. We've gone from Coke vs. Pepsi to Bloods vs Crips.

As for AMC improving, there's no hope for any of the ABC shows as long as Frons is in charge. I love AMC. It's "my" soap but its at the mercy of a man who I truly believe to be mentally ill, so I'm prepared for it die at any given moment.

• Members

Thanks and I always thought u didnt like me. ;)

Yes i shouldve stopped the conversation before it turned into an arguement. I thought I was talking to someone normal. And yes maybe I should change my user name :lol:

The only thing being promoted is Rylee. Even this non AMC fan knows they're the most hated couple on AMC yet Frons still shoves them down peoples throats.

• Members

I don't think they are. (And for the record, I don't know.) But as an AMC fan, I've seen the anger, confusion and frustration on some private boards. AMC placed the wrong bets on a lot of levels and it's costing them.

Someone said in last week's ratings thread (forgive me for not giving credit by name), that no one in charge of AMC really cares about that show the way CarliValentini care about OLTL or GuzaFrons care about GH. It's just a check to them. I wish that they'd just give the show back to Broderick or even B&E *ducks*. Really. What harm could it do?

• Members

I think Frons has always had some fantasy of making AMC his show. He trusts Guza to fulfill his unpleasant vision, and he doesn't care about OLTL, but AMC has been the direct hotline to his own personal favorites, like Budig, and Rylee. I remember the laughable changes he made to AMC when he first started, like the Fusion stuff and all those idiotic fantasies, and Juan Pablo. He will never really let AMC be anything but what he wants it to be.

Archived