DAYS renewed for 2 more years!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yipee!! I'm glad they got the pickup far in advance!! Hopefully, now that TPTB know the show is going to be on till at least Sept. 2013, they will be able to plan out some wonderful long-term story. Wasn't the last pickup till September 2011 made at the last second? If so, that could be partly why the quality/pacing was hit/miss this past year since TPTB wouldn't sure till near the last minute if they were to plan out long term story or plan a finale. Excited for another three years of DOOL!!

• Members

This is terrific news for a show I had written off just a couple years ago. While I haven't entirely enjoyed 2010 as much I did 2009, I'm so happy the show has been renewed in the bleakest of times for soaps after ATWT's instant cancellation. One suggestion I have is of course is give Higley the boot.

• Members

This is such fantastic news! I'm so glad that the one remaining soap from my childhood is goint to be on the air for 3 more years. I was an NBC fan all the way in the 80s- SFT, DAYS, AW and SB, plus I picked up Loving when SFT went off the air & watched SUN. It warms my heart that 1 of them still remains & will continue to remain on the air. Hell, many characters & actors I grew up with are still there- Salem is like a second home. While I've liked & LOVED other soaps more than DAYS throughout my life, DAYS will always be closest to my heart, as it's the 1 soap that my mom's entire side of the family watched and those living still watch- my grandmother, my mom, my dad, my aunt (mom's sister-in-law) and her mom all watched. I have so many fond memories of it and it's like comfort food for me.

Way to go DAYS! :D

• Members

Great news for Days! It will be interesting to see what happens to the daytime landscape in that time.I'm sure there must be some out clauses if the ratings dip below a certain level.Look back a couple of years and that NBC boss was pretty much saying Days was a goner,so things change.

• Members

Absolutely fantastic news!

DAYS has been the only soap that has consistently delivered an entertaining show, it was reinvented two years ago and I'm happy to keep exactly what we've got going on from here on in!

September 2013, which an option to extend to September 2014, what a thrill for Ken Corday, Tomlin, Higley and the cast. What a thrill for us, an early two year pickup and a move to HD.

I never thought I'd say it, but thank you NBC!

• Members

While I barely watch it anymore, aside from the days I know Susan & Bill Hayes will be on, I am thrilled at this news. I may just give it another try this week, with the return of a fave, a pivotal Maggie development and the widescreen introduction. Congrats, DAYS -- I hope you make it to 50!

• Members

I was ecstatic when I saw this news...Days was my first Soap and though I've gone through many a period in the last few years of forgetting about it and then coming back I can say I've been hooked these last couple of months and I'm just ridiculously excited about the show again. So nice to see NBC still has faith in the show.

Archived