DAYS renewed for 2 more years!

• Members

In a way, DAYS has become the new GUIDING LIGHT: no matter how many rocks you throw at it, the show simply refuses to die. Hats off, gang!

Now, two things:

1) Hire a better HW, Mr. Corday.

2) For God's sake, NBC, don't hire Mickey Dwyer-Dobbin, Paul Rauch, John Conboy or Ellen Wheeler. Learn from GL's tragic mistake(s).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They certainly are the new GL, just by their deteriorating set budget for starters. Luckily, DAYS can survive because it has a vocal, passionate fan-base; something the CBS soaps never had. While I'm not thrilled with everything currently onscreen (it's very much yawn-inducing; a half-hour format would do this show wonders!), I'm very happy and grateful I'll still be able to visit Salem anytime in the next 3 years.

Let's shoot for 50 years of Days of Our Lives! :)

• Members

I'm perplexed as to how you have the time for this little excursion, Sylph. Shouldn't you be breathlessly C&Ping dozens of the latest entertainment trade pieces and news items which you did not write, are not being paid for and have no professional affiliation with? All this amounts to is you being the most effete scrapbooking enthusiast this side of agoraphobic shut-ins from the Midwest.

• Members

I bet you have cleverer things to do, yet your obsession with me continues to flourish.

But if you think that I'm going to enter this silly discussion with you, you are mistaken. I will intensify your obsession at another time.

Again, this move is just bullsh!t, I fail to see why failure was rewarded. Oh, well. I guess it's the I hate this show; this show is crap [weekly discussion], but I want DOOL to gain37.8 points this week! Yaaay! [ratings thread]. Business as usual.

• Members

I actually am doing other things, yes. I don't know if they're clever, per se, but I just knew that you'd bitch and complain like a seventh grader about a soap living another year, and I thought I'd poke the bear with a stick. Your self-loathing is particularly pungent this morning.

I'll bet you say that to all the showrunners who don't reply to your emails.

Alright, I'm going to take a moment to engage you as though anything you do here actually has substance amidst all your hair-tossing. I realize you think you're Above All Of Us because you relentlessly scrapbook about Everything But Soap Operas on a board named Soap Opera Network, but that adolescent rebellion aside, you're obviously old enough and possess enough rudimentary intelligence to understand why even if DAYS is not in the best shape - and it sure as [!@#$%^&*] is not - it's still heartening to some of us "soap opera fans" on "Soap Opera Network" - of which you are one - to see a soap opera going forward in these uncertain times. Further, the fact is that these networks have not developed enough viable alternatives to the soap, and that potentially means daytime may survive long enough to both improve and also grow and change again in the new millennium.

This possibility may be a long shot, but that is not the issue. The issue is survival and hope. Granted, I understand these shows can never improve unless someone, anyone offers you a job in a creative position in the industry, but if we can accept for a moment that that is a distinctly unlikely prospect, then I fear we must look at other options that actually have a chance in hell.

• Members

And as usual, you are offering no viable alternative. In this way you are somehow less relevant than even The Talk.

Good or bad these shows are turning a profit (except All My Children). The other potential options are not doing so or have not been projected to do so. That is the bottom line.

Archived