The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Damn, I can't believe that the episode is over. I am so hyper as usual. This is show absolutely shoots my adrelin into overdrive. I am watching Talking Dead.

Nah, I think killing Shane started Rick's break down and Lori's death was the last straw. I think that Rick feels completely helpless and out of control.

• Members

• Members

I loved hearing Steven Yeun's take on Glenn on Talking Dead. He feels like Glenn is taking control of Maggie and even continuing the abuse. Very deep.

Michonne is going to have to say more than two words at some point. The character should be more interesting than she currently is.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Glenn seemed more traumatized than Maggie to me. I think that's what that's about. I hope so. Really good scenes with him and Herschel.

I honestly just want to see a couple of these people (Michonne) stop mean mugging and trying to act all hard and just talk. That would solve a lot of problems in the last couple episodes. I never had much patience for Crazy Rick in the comics and I don't here. I was hoping that was mostly done after the phone stuff, which was surprisingly well executed given its Kirkman origin. The vision of Lori or whatever was well done but it's still a bit too comic book-y for me - just like I OD'ed on the whole "Woodbury as Thunderdome" stuff in the last couple episodes and hope that's reaching a resolution.

Andrea seemed like an absolute idiot when she opted to stay there after everything she'd seen and the addition of Daryl and the group into the mix. I guess she's gotten so attached to the idea of building a functional new civilization, somewhere stable, and getting through the 'hard times,' building something better. I can understand that motivation given her speech and her background pre-zombies, but it's a little thin on the actual page. And of course, the prison gang has it better off.

I really like Tyreese (is it being spelled the same as in the comics?) and Sasha, but I'm sure poor Sasha is doomed since there can't possibly be two black women on the show at the same time.

I liked Carol explaining Daryl's motivation. I love Michael Rooker and all, but a little of Merle in full-on shitkicker mode goes a long way with me and I was thrilled when Rick just pistol-whipped him into silence. I'm ready for that to be over.

• Members

Glen's problem is what any man would go thru. He has to stand still and watch his woman be violated. It's unreasonable for Glen to believe he could have done something, but that's how men are. Then he's pissed because Maggie gets to go on a mission and he doesn't. Now, he's feel emasculated.

Gonna be a tough road.