The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Season 2 and 3, the ratings always went down a little after the season opener. They are still doing up in numbers compared to last year. I think they averaged around the 6 million mark throughout season 2 when it was the first, mid season opener, and final one.

Season 3 they averaged around 9 to 10. Even though they lost a few million this season (16 million is huge), they are still pretty high up there and always seem to do better each season.

I would start to worry once they lose half of their audience.

• Members

I'm gonna start watching again next time it's on. I keep forgetting to cause I'm always so busy! Last time I watched it was one night about a month ago.

Is Carl dead? Or is he still here? I would like to see him "accidentally" have a hand grenade taped to his face. I hate that little ahole's guts...Lol

Carol's my favorite! I think I saw Melissa McBride in a small role in a 90s movie with Lisa Rinna and Rob Estes. Other than that, I never saw much her of her before The Walking Dead. She used to be a casting director. My boss watches this show yet she doesn't even know who Carol is. Haha!

Edited by Mathewson

• Members

Every year all I ever hear is how TWD is losing it and is doomed to die a slow death. Now it comes down a bit from inflated ratings and we get the same. I ain't buying it.

Personally I thought it was two good episodes - I didn't mind the diversion, but I know other people did. I think what we had in Season 4 up to now was so strong that they're allowed to take time out to do something off the beaten path, and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm sure we'll be back to the regular crew from hereon. I do think Morrissey is doing great work - that they always have with this more nuanced, real-world take on the Governor vs. the insane cartoon of the comics - but now with the eyepatch and the tank and all the trappings of Kirkman's original in full force it's time to wrap the character up this year, for good. I just hope Hershel doesn't suffer the fate of Comic Book Tyreese in the hands of the Governor - I know Hershel is almost certainly doomed, but I'd really rather avoid that scene, iconic though it is.

Pete was played by Enver Gjokaj, BTW, who was one of the stars of Joss Whedon's Dollhouse, IMO one of Whedon's best and most subversive works. He was up for Mekhi Phifer's part in the unfortunate Torchwood: Miracle Day but didn't get it. He's a great actor.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Lucky guy.

All Whedon shows seems the same to me, but he has a good eye for actors (or he did - I don't see it on SHIELD, minus Ming Na).

They should have done more to keep him on TWD, although I guess the character was a little too pure and innocent.

• Members

I am fine with Pete quickly moving on. They cannot keep every character passing through. Some of have got to be Red Shirts or we will lose even more of the main cast even season.

I don't think that Pete was any more pure and innocent than anyone in Rick's group. Not stealing or killing people for their supplies is basic human decency that almost everyone in Rick's group shares, excluding Bob who seems capable of almost anything for a drink. Unfortunately, it was Pete's bad luck to fall in with Martinez, even without Phillip's arrival that was never going to end well.

• Members

I'm mostly dreading it in case one of the prison people I like is killed off. I just can't really invest in or believe in any of the Governor's group, which sucks, because if I just see them as bad guys or as easily fooled redshirts, it kills a lot of the human element for me. I did like a few of them, mainly Lilly and her sister and her sister's girlfriend, but not if they're going to be his dupes.

• Members

Well we had two full episodes of some of them, so if they're just around long enough to kill a few at the prison and then get offed, I'm going to see it as a waste.

I still think it was a waste to dispose of everyone in Tyreese and Sasha's group so quickly.