The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Ann, Michonne's intent was for The Gov to be eaten alive, which is why she left him as is. That heffa, Lilly, spoiled it, so I guess we are stuck with her, huh? We are supposed to see her in a new light now and be grateful? The walkers were going to take care of that, so Lilly shooting The Gov is a fail!

Edited by ChitHappens

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

WTH, is wrong with this board? I cannot even quote. This really ticks me off.

Anyway, Chit, I think my first instinct about Judith being dead is correct based on Kirkman's cagey response. You are right that they can only show so much. From the beginning, I thought that the baby should have never survived.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Am I the only one not convinced Judith was dead? They didn't show a body and I couldn't tell if there was blood in the carrier, which also could've belonged to anyone in that carnage. I had a terrible feeling either Lily's dumb sister or her lover, or the kids were going to accidentally cap Judith. But oh, when they gunned that bitch down I couldn't have been happier. Carol taught them and Carol was right.

Great show, very sad, very exciting. I knew Hershel would buy it but he got a very honorable death. The way they shot him kneeling there reminded me of Toshiro Mifune out of a samurai film, or something vaguely religious. Just heartbreaking, wonderful stuff and great action. I was absolutely terrified that Maggie or Carl were going to bite it, along with Sasha, but I was amazed they all made it. Chandler Riggs was wonderful at the end. He's so grown up now.

I had to laugh at the look on Sasha's face after the bus took off, and her line. "We'll work it out!" That's exactly what I'd say at that moment - I ain't got time to chase that bus, we gotta jet.

They're all scattered to the four winds now. I hope they all find their way back together, and not too late like Andrea.

I hate the term "feels" but I shall say it - my Rick and Michonne feels were strong when she found him at the end.

I'm also glad they dispensed with the Governor. It was time, but what they did with him on the show was much smarter and more mature than the cartoon villain of the comic book. His principal conflict was that he couldn't accept that he'd gone all wrong, that there was any other way but his madness. He couldn't process it or accept that Rick had found another way.

If Kirkman has offed Judith now that Glen Mazzara is gone I'll admit I think it's tacky. I thought it was a smart move to keep the baby.

That scene with Lily and the kid on the riverbank was wonderfully filmed, very creepy and understated. It reminded me a lot of some stuff from the '70s horror classic Let's Scare Jessica to Death. Very haunting.

Edited by Vee