OLTL: Discussion for the week November 1

• Members

:wub:

She needs to stumble upon a Ford family dinner at the diner and just slap all five of them as they all, " :o:o:o:o:o " Marty: Just 'cause.

People have ben talking about lighting around here lately, but did anyone notice how dark Frankie Faison looked today? :unsure:

:lol::P

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Props to FL for showing that urn a thing or two. I'm assuming that was her Emmy reel. Also enjoyed the Evans family today, minus Greg. I hope with Destiny's paternity we get to see more of them and slowly they become integrated with rest of the canvas.

• Members

Why in the world would John want to stick by Nat if the baby isn't his? He wouldn't. He wouldn't stick around and raise that kid with her,

that is if it's Brody's, which I hope to the soap gods it is. I'm actually ready for John and Nat's hundredth go-around to be over and

done for good!

• Members

I agree that is what John needs to become rootable again. I'm sure he'll be furious and probably walk away for a time, but if they just float him on to the newest filly in the stable they haven't repaired the character flaws that have made him so unlikeable for so long. I've really enjoyed the optimistic and peaceful John who's smiling and talking about the future. I really don't need to see the dark brooding cop who believes he can never have that life he dreams of. But they will do what they want. I don't entirely disagree with Cheap however. John makes every woman he's with insecure, and I don't like seeing Natalie feeling insecure. It's not her best look.

Color me shocked. I'm loving the Rex/Clint sparring and the whole story around Rex's parents. It loses a bit of its lustre since it's been told so many times before, so hope this is the last. But I really am liking the whole thing. Can't wait to find out why Clint has made some of the choices that are to be revealed. Very curious. Very curious indeed.

• Members

He's been a fickle, self-centered SOB who swoops in, plays hero for 48 hours then swoops out without ever displaying capacity for any real unselfish, devoted love. I am fine with John being furious for a time, he's human and this is one major lie. He can rant and rave for a time but darn right I want him to LISTEN to Natalie and OWN up he's lied and hurt her badly in the past. She earned this forgiveness from him.

I don't want self-righteous John, I want instead a man admitting his deeply flawed character helped feed her insecurities and fear of coming clean.

I'd enjoy him more if ME infused any real tenderness into his scenes and acted way more loving to Natalie. There remains a curious disconnect there.

I am loving deliciously wicked Clint and his scenes with Viki, Echo and Dorian and niggling B&N are excellent. But hate it if Rex eats this story whole. JPL annoys me to no end.

• Members

Yeah John is pretty useless, but always has been. It's kinda like the show knows it- he doesn't seem to command the story anymore, its just written and he's included. But it's RARELY, if ever, about HIM anymore, which is much more tolerable. Natalie's entire pregnancy has been about her and moreso Brody, with the idea of John in the background. He doesn't do emotional material, he's not believable in romances, and he doesn't really play a rootable character in general. But after 7 years now, I doubt we'll see him go anytime soon. But I prefer him in the role he's been in now than the constant pandering the show used to do.

I think they are still gauging the support for the Fords. I have a feeling the paternity of Jess's (and also Natalie's) baby will hinge on that. If they feel that Ford IS popular and they really want to tie him down- the baby will be his. To keep Brody tied down to the canvas, they'll have Natalie's baby turn out to be his. John doesn't need to be tied down like Ford and Brody- as he's survived this long without any long-term romances (but what seems like dozens of failed romances), and no sustainable family members (although they sure as hell tried with Michael, Shannon, Eve, etc.).

My hope? Brody is the father of both. So much drama potential, and I would possibly like to see a rift between Jess/Nat as a possible starter for a Buchanan family fued. ESPECIALLY if Rex ends up being Clint's son- I'm sure a Bo/Clint fued will erupt just as it's revealed what Clint did to David. I definitely see a big Buchanan falling out soon- especially with

I'm looking forward to Jess/Brody/Nat and the paternity reveals; as well as Echo/Clint/Viki/Charlie/Dorian; and hopefully a strong Buchanan family story. Here's hoping they pull it off!

• Members

The problem with a Buchanan family falling out is they aren't much of a family anyway. Bo didn't seem all that bothered about starting a relationship again with Nora even though she was married to Clint. Bo has not had a lot of family moments with Jessica or Natalie in recent years. I don't believe that Bo cares about David and I don't believe David as a Buchanan. His idea of family is money obsession and cowboy jokes. I can't get involved with the family being angry at Natalie on Jessica's behalf because while Jessica has done her best this time around (she confessed to Brody even though she could have kept quiet), the family has excused her for so many other things she's become a pampered, pointless character. Any reaction of Viki's will look hypocritical since she will forgive Todd or Jessica anything.

• Members

"Yeah John is pretty useless, but always has been. It's kinda like the show knows it- he doesn't seem to command the story anymore, its just written and he's included. But it's RARELY, if ever, about HIM anymore, which is much more tolerable."

I do agree, and yet I'm sick of him playing the Voice of the Law as the most corrupt policeman this side of Pine Valley. Picking and choosing who he allows to scrape by, etc, and then lecturing those when he doesn't. The amount of times he's rescued people (often after it was him who did the f uck up in the first place) this year alone is inane.

• Members

Bo was played as believing Nora was his and Clint was one that poached. In Bo's mind, it was like him marrying Viki - that analogy actually worked b/c everyone knows Viki was the love of Clint's life.

Just last week after the warehouse exploded, Bo and Natalie had uncle/niece moment when he showed a lot of care for her. Can't recall the last time I saw Bo and Jess though.

David is a total wasteless piece of a human being at this point but the one time I really liked him was the father/sons scenes at the Diner last year when PA deigned to talk to him. His desperation for Bo and Matt to like him was a beat RC should have played instead of the Viki/David horrid campfest.

+1

I see Langston forgiving Ford as just step one to polishing up his image so he can be daddy to Jessica's baby. RC is playing up the Clint vs Ford angle way too much for Brody to be the bio-dad.

Archived