OLTL: Discussion for the week November 1

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: It immediately reminded me of that faux Christmas tradition they sprung last (?) year, the Christmas movie that's apparently appointment television for the good people of Llanview. Christina Gets a Christmas or whatever. ??

I know it's still early, but i'm willing to go ahead and say that KZ has been stunt (re)casting gone right, if only for the fact that I totally buy her as JPL's mom, and having Echo as Rex's mother is much more satisfying than that totally random Rexajawea crap.

Echo and Rex's first mommy-son portrait:

2158657964_06fac4caf2_o.jpg

• Members

I simply don't believe the Clint of the '80s carried on a long-term affair with Echo DiSavoy behind Viki's back. Do not believe it. Their ONS could have produced Rex, and maybe he bought her off over something else, but I don't believe he would've had some full-on affair back then. So I hope they don't go there. But I can get onboard with Clint and Echo's single tryst producing a child.

The author of the book was "Blaize" something - knowing RC's love for the '80s, I think this refers to "Blaize Buchanan" or whoever she was, Loyita Chapel's character from the Old West time travel story. I believe she was brought to the present-day at the end of it but I don't know what happened to her from there. Since Clint and Viki both went to the Old West and met her, it's possible she wrote this book and that's why Clint has a copy of it, and perhaps plagiarized from it to mislead Rex, but to what end? Because as of now I do not believe Clint knows Rex could be his. And BTW, yes - for all RC's faults, I do like it if he used "Blaize" in this way. Clever little touch using a loose end.

I love Natalie and always have, but I hate her role in this WTD story and I hate how they're using her. And I know Cole is an idiot and I will be glad to see the back of him. But I loved Marty reverting to her old ways and bitchslapping Natalie. That was an old-school Marty moment when she said Natalie wasn't sorry, yet.

• Members

The Luke Spencer retcon? I don't think so. But I also think Frons would do almost anything to make Rex core family, which is IMHO why the years of Mitch build-up got upended.

Still, I like the Clint/Rex/Echo dynamics a lot. It's the most I've tolerated Rex in forever, largely because it is dependent on both of them schooling the hell out of him. Echo is a viper and Clint is a pimp.

• Members

Good catch on Blaize--that must be the connection, and we know how much Carlivati seems to worship that time travel story as the highlight of OLTL. Wasn't she brought into the present thanks to the writer's strike?

Word there.

UGH Christina Gets a Christmas or whatever (I think they've used it two, maybe three times so far) is just toooo awful. I mean It's a Wonderful Life is in the public domain, couldn't they just use that? The clips they have for Christina are *hideous* and I find it deeply insulting to think that the characters would get so excited every Xmas for it... Then again :P

• Members

I was working out yesterday and on the monitors I saw Kimmer stomping around L-view and then JVD...it was kind of freaky without the sound "Reva and Ross???" Anyway, I tuned my Ipod to that station and I have to say Zimmer was pretty good. She plays a vicious viper quiet well, (and I was really, really tired of her on GL.) And anyone who give Ms. Over-enunciate Viki hell is okay with me!

Though it cracks the hell out of me that skinny gay looking dude with the dyed hair is supposed to be her son!

• Members

Another really good day, I'm to scared to think it will last. LOL

Boy Clint is so snowing everyone, he's known all along. I have to wonder if it were him that left the baby (Rex) at the hospital, since I think when Echo came back she wanted him to raise the baby since she knew she couldn't, and not telling anyone, Clint did this to their child. Very nice scene between Viki and Clint and as much as I love JvD as Clint, I still want my Viki and Charlie to make it. I'm not keen at all on a redux of Viki/Clint.

For the first time in a while I really enjoyed Tea/Todd scenes. Tomorrow should be good, I hope Tea lays into Greg and doesn't quit until she sees the light of day.

I don't care about Cole, he needs to go away and for a very long time.

John and Natalie :wub: Just wish I'd get more of them.

• Members

No worse then it being rewritten that Niki took Jessica to bars for her to get molested. Niki Smith would not have cared about leaving Jessica at home where there were nannies to take care of the child, that is the one thing that Niki would have done.

I think it's made Clint more interesting, well for me it has anyway.

Archived