OLTL: Discussion for the week November 1

• Members

Rewrites need the test of time before being judged as long-time fans ALWAYS balk at them. The Tina rewrite was NO different, in fact I remember throwing thing at MY TV going no way that makes sense and I resented Natalie rewrite for years, too. I daresay I may have resented Tina and Natalie almost as much as you do Danielle. It takes time to see yeah it was worth it for story possibilities. I actually didn't care for the Todd = Victor's heir story b/c it waved a magic fairy tale wand and made Todd rich and powerful overnight. It took away the power of the ex-con trying to rebuild his life the hard way. But it gave me Todd & Viki, which are my favorite sibs on OLTL ever.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you, but sometimes a story can provide some good drama for a few years. I think Todd as Viki's brother, in the long term, wasn't worth it, but it did provide some good story for a few years. So did Tina as Viki's sister for a while. I think Natalie also helped provide good story, it's just the circumstances of her conception that I hate.

I don't think any good stories ever came out of Jessica being molested or of David being Bo's son, or Danielle being stashed in a boarding school while Ross the evil kayak killer was passed off as her father, or the KAD stuff. I think these types of stories erode viewer confidence, especially when the stories are just rewritten in a few months anyway, like Rex being Mitch's son.

• Members

I hated Todd Lord Heir mostly because it turned the gritty realism of Todd's story into a romanticed fairy tale all to facilitate the stupid, contrived T&B. But I do appreciate one of the great siblings relationship on soaps was born out of it and Todd owning the Sun works so long-term it's a success. I even accepted Tina rewrite eventually though I hated the twit of a character in all incarnations. Natalie provided good story but it came at expense of raping Viki... again and that's been extremely hard to accept.

Tess fans would disagree but I'm with you on that one and KAD stuff, too.

Hate time travel campy OOT stuff and never could stand David Vickers. But I actually blame RC for dropping the ball on a real, honest father and son relationship there. They've had a few good scenes where I've seen potential if David was ever allowed to be a serious character again vs all buffoon.

Danielle wasn't a rewrite, just a case of SORASing, ho hum happens all the time on soaps. I think her intro was mangled but she's turned into my fave teen and KM is a real find.

The Rex is Mitch's son crap is most egregious b/c it's rewriting such a recent story. That ITA is always particularly STUPID move by writer. Guza does it all the time at GH and it bugs me, too.

• Members

Wow. Generally this is the kind of scene-chewing I love Lozano for, but that was hilarious in all the wrong ways today. Of course, I don't really know anyone who could sell "a jar full of lies! LIIIIEEESSSS!!!" That's up there with the chair-toss for me.

Sean Ringgold deserves some props for the stuff today. I've wanted him to do more given the character's checkered background but they rarely utilize him well.

• Members

So disagree, Vee. I think FL rocked today. She finally let out all that pent up rage I expected from such a fierce woman so deceived and traumatized. I thought her scenes on her knees hanging onto her sanity were Emmy nom worthy so we'll just have to totally disagree.

Half the cast could learn from SR's ability to sell natural, heartfelt sincerity. FLOVED the big lug nearly picking up tiny Tea off the ground in that sweet hug. What a great warm smile he has.

ME, goodness could he show any LESS interest in Jolie romance today?

• Members

As much as I hate Marty going after Natalie the one good thing that can come out of it is that I hope she destroys John and Natalie as a couple. I hope she makes Natalie come across so dirty, deceitful, and undesireable that John dumps and wants nothing to do with her. I hope the baby is Brodys and that Marty finds out and exposes Natalie. Brody can step in to comfort her and be a father to her child when John leaves her alone. Come on Marty. Break up John and Natalie, once and for good

• Members

We disagree on this one, Cheap. I'm looking forward to John forgiving Natalie, believing she's carrying Brody's kid and standing by her no matter what. I think John needs the same work RC put into Todd's character with Tea's cancer story, cease being a fickle SOB and actually show some real unselfish love for a change.

• Members

It really was. They already pissed all over Greg's character, now they are making him into some loon that dumps bodies. I would have tooken an explanation like Charlene died on the delivery table or something, but that [!@#$%^&*] we got was just bad.

• Members

Oh God, I know, right? I thought to myself, "Wow Greg, you're ruined. Only men named Todd Manning can come back from junk like that." But then how wonderful would it be if they showed a newly created flashback of Charlene's hands clawing their way up the cliff panning to reveal the face of Victoria Rowell? ^_^

"Griiig, sucka you gonna PAY. :mad: "

Archived